U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM
 
723 posts, read 1,682,132 times
Reputation: 284

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Fort Worth has the business attraction too, it's got the second largest number of billionaires after Dallas in Texas. It's headquarters to AMR and other F500 companies also.

Fort Worth isn't a slouch.

Yeah Dallas isn't a small city, never said that, but face it, it's not growing at the same rate as Fort Worth.
Fort Worth will slow down. Dallas has its options too. Fort Worth doesn't have the name recognition to be the anchor of the metroplex.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 05-28-2010, 11:55 AM
 
723 posts, read 1,682,132 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy214 View Post
Before Fort Worth talks about wanting to surpass Dallas in population it needs to worry about widening out I35W north of downtown all the way passed the Texas motor Speedway and also Northeast Loop 820 from I35W to I20. Besides most of the new population boom will continue to move to Denton, Collin, and also Rockwall County. Fort Worth will not pass Dallas anytime soon so GET OVER IT FORT WORTH!!!!
Plenty of time for Dallas to find a way to defeat Fort Worth and keep it in its place.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2010, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 13,808,995 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Fort Worth will slow down. Dallas has its options too. Fort Worth doesn't have the name recognition to be the anchor of the metroplex.
YES IT DOES! The reason why it's called a metroplex and not a metropolitan area like everyone else is because there's two big cities that serve as anchors for the Metroplex.

List of Texas metropolitan areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^ Dallas is the primary for it's division, and Fort Worth for its. The divisions come together to make ONE metroplex.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:13 PM
 
723 posts, read 1,682,132 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
YES IT DOES! The reason why it's called a metroplex and not a metropolitan area like everyone else is because there's two big cities that serve as anchors for the Metroplex.

List of Texas metropolitan areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^ Dallas is the primary for it's division, and Fort Worth for its. The divisions come together to make ONE metroplex.

Yet why would Dallas become a suburb of Fort Worth then??
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 13,808,995 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Yet why would Dallas become a suburb of Fort Worth then??
It wouldn't. Where are you getting all these silly ideas from?

Being the smaller city doesn't mean your a suburb. Dallas and Fort Worth are both principle cities for the Metroplex. No number of people in either city will ever change that.

There are different types of cities:

Principle City (cities)
Suburban City (cities)
Satellite City (cities)
Edge City (cities)
Those are just a few...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:46 PM
 
723 posts, read 1,682,132 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
It wouldn't. Where are you getting all these silly ideas from?

Being the smaller city doesn't mean your a suburb. Dallas and Fort Worth are both principle cities for the Metroplex. No number of people in either city will ever change that.

There are different types of cities:

Principle City (cities)
Suburban City (cities)
Satellite City (cities)
Edge City (cities)
Those are just a few...

I'm getting this from Fort Worth's desperation to be #1. Remember Amon Carter?? Look at how Fort Worth got the Cowboys closer to them. It has been like that since. Fort Worth is unique and should be proud to live under the shadow of the city of Dallas. Dallas already has 1.3 million people and growing. Fort Worth is growing, but at a good sized distance from Dallas.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 13,808,995 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
I'm getting this from Fort Worth's desperation to be #1. Remember Amon Carter?? Look at how Fort Worth got the Cowboys closer to them. It has been like that since. Fort Worth is unique and should be proud to live under the shadow of the city of Dallas. Dallas already has 1.3 million people and growing. Fort Worth is growing, but at a good sized distance from Dallas.
I honestly don't think the city cares about being number one as it does about being successful.

If that were the case than Boston, DC, Chicago, Baltimore, and Philadelphia would all be trying so much harder to be number one. Instead, they're happy cities that have established their prominence to the country.

It's not a competition. And the Cowboys moving wasn't their fault. That's the team owners fault.

And why would a city want to live in the others shadow? That's not fair at all, if it can, it'll try to establish importance like how Fort Worth is doing.

And Fort Worth's rate of growth is faster than Dallas's by a good margin.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:54 PM
 
723 posts, read 1,682,132 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I honestly don't think the city cares about being number one as it does about being successful.

If that were the case than Boston, DC, Chicago, Baltimore, and Philadelphia would all be trying so much harder to be number one. Instead, they're happy cities that have established their prominence to the country.

It's not a competition. And the Cowboys moving wasn't their fault. That's the team owners fault.

And why would a city want to live in the others shadow? That's not fair at all, if it can, it'll try to establish importance like how Fort Worth is doing.

And Fort Worth's rate of growth is faster than Dallas's by a good margin.
Yes but Fort Worth is starting from a much smaller point than Dallas. Dallas has been over 1 million for the last two decades, Fort Worth is still about 300,000 people away. If you guys weren't so desperate to be number one, you wouldn't keep saying that you are going to catch up and surpass Dallas and keep annexing land. Fort Worth is about to be landlocked from what I understand.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX/Chicago, IL/Houston, TX/Washington, DC
10,171 posts, read 13,808,995 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Yes but Fort Worth is starting from a much smaller point than Dallas. Dallas has been over 1 million for the last two decades, Fort Worth is still about 300,000 people away. If you guys weren't so desperate to be number one, you wouldn't keep saying that you are going to catch up and surpass Dallas and keep annexing land. Fort Worth is about to be landlocked from what I understand.
You guys? Lol, I don't live in the Metroplex.

No one is desperate to make Fort Worth number one, it's just the thrill to get insight on a good discussion topic.

No harm, no foul.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-28-2010, 10:58 PM
 
723 posts, read 1,682,132 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
You guys? Lol, I don't live in the Metroplex.

No one is desperate to make Fort Worth number one, it's just the thrill to get insight on a good discussion topic.

No harm, no foul.

Yes they are. You keep saying Fort Worth is about to become more populated and bigger. You guys think you have the Rangers and Cowboys and you don't(Arlington is a seperate city). There is even talk of building an arena to lure the Mavs and Stars out of Dallas into Fort Worth. American Airlines Center is only 9 years old and was a huge, expensive project as well.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top