Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:07 AM

10,138 posts, read 15,934,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
So there is nothing written in stone that Fort Worth will even surpass Dallas??
No, it's just a lot of people's projection/belief.

It's not for sure, remember anything can happen. Phoenix was growing very fast and at a crazy rate so was Las Vegas, but they both same to a dead end and have slowed down since the economic recession. No one saw that coming.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:09 AM

744 posts, read 1,840,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
No, it's just a lot of people's projection/belief.

It's not for sure, remember anything can happen. Phoenix was growing very fast and at a crazy rate so was Las Vegas, but they both same to a dead end and have slowed down since the economic recession. No one saw that coming.

I really hope a tornado destroys Fort Worth and I mean an F-5 tornado that will really destroy. Fort Worth just wants to be #1.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
I really hope a tornado destroys Fort Worth. Fort Worth just wants to be #1.
Ah don't say that! It'll get my thread closed!!! And I don't want my thread to be closed because I want to keep it up over the years so that way people can post progress and results!

Old 06-01-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Ah don't say that! It'll get my thread closed!!! And I don't want my thread to be closed because I want to keep it up over the years so that way people can post progress and results!

You really want Fort Worth to surpass Dallas don't you?? You don't want Dallas to have any success at all except for being a suburb of Fort Worth.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:20 AM

Fort Worth is going to be defeated. Just watch. It doesn't have the name, sports or business power to be #1.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
You really want Fort Worth to surpass Dallas don't you?? You don't want Dallas to have any success at all except for being a suburb of Fort Worth.
No! I really want to keep this discussion going in a positive way that won't get the thread dismantled.

As for me wanting Fort Worth to surpass Dallas. Not really.

As a Texan, I want to see Fort Worth climb the charts into the big city leagues. Just like the way San Antonio and Austin are, I only want to see developments and good things to come for all the Texas cities.

Wouldn't that be cooler, if Fort Worth got national attention just like all the other Texas cities?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
No! I really want to keep this discussion going in a positive way that won't get the thread dismantled.

As for me wanting Fort Worth to surpass Dallas. Not really.

As a Texan, I want to see Fort Worth climb the charts into the big city leagues. Just like the way San Antonio and Austin are, I only want to see developments and good things to come for all the Texas cities.

Wouldn't that be cooler, if Fort Worth got national attention just like all the other Texas cities?

No, because it wants to take away Dallas' limelight. I want it to recognise that it is #2 and stay that way. Love its uniqueness and stop trying to beat Dallas.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:37 AM

I mean you have tried to claim that Dallas doesn't have big city status, even though it does of course. It is a major city known all over the world. Yet you want Fort Worth to have all of that while claiming Dallas doesn't. Heck, why don't we move all of the businesses, sports teams, etc, into Fort Worth and tear Dallas all down?? Why don't we change the name of the "Dallas" TV show to "Fort Worth," change all of the scenes on Walker Texas Ranger to Dallas and just let Fort Worth have it all. You are an idiot!

Old 06-01-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I mean you have tried to claim that Dallas doesn't have big city status, even though it does of course. It is a major city known all over the world. Yet you want Fort Worth to have all of that while claiming Dallas doesn't. Heck, why don't we move all of the businesses, sports teams, etc, into Fort Worth and tear Dallas all down?? Why don't we change the name of the "Dallas" TV show to "Fort Worth," change all of the scenes on Walker Texas Ranger to Dallas and just let Fort Worth have it all. You are an idiot!
I never claimed Dallas isn't a big city. I never even said those words, all I said is that Fort Worth is growing and might possibly pass Dallas by.

That doesn't make Dallas "not a big city" anymore. San Antonio is bigger than Dallas by population, you think it affects Dallas at all? It doesn't.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
I never claimed Dallas isn't a big city. I never even said those words, all I said is that Fort Worth is growing and might possibly pass Dallas by.

That doesn't make Dallas "not a big city" anymore. San Antonio is bigger than Dallas by population, you think it affects Dallas at all? It doesn't.

San Antonio is all the way across the state from Dallas. They are a seperate metro city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth