Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times

Advertisements

I don't want it to surpass Dallas in population. The traffic in the Metromess is bad enough as it is. Let the Dallasites brag about their population and traffic jams.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:58 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Yes they are. You keep saying Fort Worth is about to become more populated and bigger. You guys think you have the Rangers and Cowboys and you don't(Arlington is a seperate city). There is even talk of building an arena to lure the Mavs and Stars out of Dallas into Fort Worth. American Airlines Center is only 9 years old and was a huge, expensive project as well.
Lol I don't live in Fort Worth!!!

What's wrong with that. San Jose has been more populated and bigger than San Francisco for a long time now. Doesn't affect San Fran the least bit.

I think you're just overreacting now.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:18 AM

744 posts, read 1,847,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Lol I don't live in Fort Worth!!!

What's wrong with that. San Jose has been more populated and bigger than San Francisco for a long time now. Doesn't affect San Fran the least bit.

I think you're just overreacting now.
Yet Fort Worth wants the Mavs and Stars too apparently.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:20 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckellyb View Post
Seriously, if you think 820 is the worst in the US, you should travel more.
jcamber is right. Loop 820 in the Rufe Snow area is the fifth worst in the nation. The average speed there is about 20 mph; that's including all 24 hours.

EDIT: I take that back. It's one of the worst in North Texas, not the nation. Yes, I was wrong!!!!

Last edited by buzzpost; 05-29-2010 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Gave wrong information

Old 05-29-2010, 01:19 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:

You do understand that your rants are beginning to sound a little like a kid arguing don't you?

"Defeat" Fort Worth? "Put Fort Worth in its place?"

Geez! The two cities compliment one another and are good for each other. I live in a suburb of Fort Worth and consider myself a "Tarrant County" guy and I have no ill wishes toward Dallas and could not care less if Fort Worth edges out Dallas in population. Actually, I take that back. I DON'T WANT Fort Worth to surpass Dallas, then we'd probably have even more traffic and crime. The traffic in this area is already at mass suckage right now. I don't want more of the same.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
You do understand that your rants are beginning to sound a little like a kid arguing don't you?

"Defeat" Fort Worth? "Put Fort Worth in its place?"

Geez! The two cities compliment one another and are good for each other. I live in a suburb of Fort Worth and consider myself a "Tarrant County" guy and I have no ill wishes toward Dallas and could not care less if Fort Worth edges out Dallas in population. Actually, I take that back. I DON'T WANT Fort Worth to surpass Dallas, then we'd probably have even more traffic and crime. The traffic in this area is already at mass suckage right now. I don't want more of the same.
Quote:
Busspost is right, I really am getting tired of having to explain to you how neither cities are suburbs, and how Fort Worth isn't trying to steal Dallas's spot light. Please stop, I would hate for my thread to be shut down, because I feel others have contributed quite a lot to the subject and that others will love to some day.

But what I do disagree with Buzzpost about is that Fort Worth can have a healthy growth. Growth does influence new developments in a city, I would love to see mass transit, and road expansions, and downtown rejuvenations and projects of the sort to be happening in Fort Worth. It would be really nice.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Busspost is right, I really am getting tired of having to explain to you how neither cities are suburbs, and how Fort Worth isn't trying to steal Dallas's spot light. Please stop, I would hate for my thread to be shut down, because I feel others have contributed quite a lot to the subject and that others will love to some day.

But what I do disagree with Buzzpost about is that Fort Worth can have a healthy growth. Growth does influence new developments in a city, I would love to see mass transit, and road expansions, and downtown rejuvenations and projects of the sort to be happening in Fort Worth. It would be really nice.
When do you think Fort Worth will surpass Dallas?? What about the comment about Fort Worth building an arena to lure the Mavs and Stars to their town?

Old 05-29-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
When do you think Fort Worth will surpass Dallas?? What about the comment about Fort Worth building an arena to lure the Mavs and Stars to their town?
That's not happening. American Airlines Center is to young to be replaced just yet. Fort Worth isn't getting them.

If it were to happen (and if it sustains the same growth rate, maybe a bit slower) then it'll happen by 2025-2030 or so. 600,000 people is way to much to catch up on for anything immediate. So anyone thinking 10-20 years would be wrong.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
That's not happening. American Airlines Center is to young to be replaced just yet. Fort Worth isn't getting them.

If it were to happen (and if it sustains the same growth rate, maybe a bit slower) then it'll happen by 2025-2030 or so. 600,000 people is way to much to catch up on for anything immediate. So anyone thinking 10-20 years would be wrong.

Would you like to see Fort Worth get its own NBA or NHL team, making NBA and NHL teams in the Metroplex? Would you like to see Dallas get a National League baseball team?

Old 05-29-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Would you like to see Fort Worth get its own NBA or NHL team, making two of each team in the Metroplex? Would you like to see Dallas get a National League baseball team?
Lol, heck no. I want to see Houston get the NHL team first. And Houston is 2nd in line in the country at getting an NHL team only after Kansas City.

So Fort Worth won't be getting it.

I can see Fort Worth get an NBA team, since IMO, NBA is the most accessible, if Seattle can lose it's team to Oklahoma City, then I'm sure Fort Worth can make a great case to get one.

NHL, there's no chance.
NFL, Fort Worth has no chance, especially because after LA, San Antonio is next in line to be considered for NFL.
MLB, Never happening "Texas Rangers" is more than enough for the metroplex.
MLS, Yes I can see Fort Worth getting an MLS team. It's as accessible as NBA in most cases.

What do you mean when you ask Dallas get a national league baseball team?
The Metroplex already has one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth