U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM

23 posts, read 57,344 times

Advertisements

My wife is pregnant and we are finally leaving LA after 3 long, dreadful years. Where should I move in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, or other metro area, that has people of a like mind. I hunt, fish, believe in the Bill of Rights, worship Jesus and if you steer me into a liberal neighborhood as a joke, you'll be torturing your fellow liberals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 PM

127 posts, read 253,933 times
Lubbock, Arlington, and Plano are the most consevative cities in North Texas. Good luck.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:42 PM

1,064 posts, read 3,369,362 times
Well, first I have to say that Lubbock is not part of North Texas and I don't agree that Arlington is very conservative. Plano, yeah, I could agree with that.

I think what is going to be a big factor is schools and how much you can afford on a home and whether you want to live in a neighborhood/city or more rural areas. The DFW area is SO spread out and there are so many options. I think you might like the FW area a little better from what your interests are. Just to put it in perspective, my spouse has all the same interests as you and we are moving out of the DFW area to the s/w area of FW.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:52 PM

378 posts, read 383,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromansky View Post
My wife is pregnant and we are finally leaving LA after 3 long, dreadful years. Where should I move in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, or other metro area, that has people of a like mind. I hunt, fish, believe in the Bill of Rights, worship Jesus and if you steer me into a liberal neighborhood as a joke, you'll be torturing your fellow liberals.
Your wife is pregnant, meaning you are bringing a life into this world.

Why do you feel the need to murder animals?

And why must you announce that you "worship" jesus?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
Your wife is pregnant, meaning you are bringing a life into this world.

Why do you feel the need to murder animals?

And why must you announce that you "worship" jesus?

Yes, we have already brought life into the world. Now she (our unborn daughter) is growing and developing so that she can survive outside of my wife's womb. Since you make a statement with your first sentence instead of ask a question, I sense that you may suspect a form of hypocrisy because I hunt and you're not asking a question in the search of knowledge. If this is the case you couldn't be further from the truth. When criticizing me, please be a little more direct. I would appreciate that.

I don't murder animals, I slay them. There's a difference. I'm going to teach that life to slay animals too.

I mention the Lord Jesus because it brings more depth to my question.

Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-04-2010 at 07:44 PM..

Old 05-04-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoal View Post
Well, first I have to say that Lubbock is not part of North Texas and I don't agree that Arlington is very conservative. Plano, yeah, I could agree with that.

I think what is going to be a big factor is schools and how much you can afford on a home and whether you want to live in a neighborhood/city or more rural areas. The DFW area is SO spread out and there are so many options. I think you might like the FW area a little better from what your interests are. Just to put it in perspective, my spouse has all the same interests as you and we are moving out of the DFW area to the s/w area of FW.

Thanks. I'm interested in a semi-rural area w/in 20 minutes if the city with good schools and wide open spaces.

I'll look into FW and Plano areas a little further. How are jobs in the metro area? We'll probably be moving without jobs and renting. We have some money stashed, so we'll have a few months for me to find one.

Good luck with your move.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:09 AM

1,896 posts, read 3,074,445 times
i'de point you to west of Fort Worth, look along I-20 until you get to Weatherford. i believe this area will be full of potential areas to settle down..

also, look South of Fort Worth, along I-35 until you get to Alverado.

good luck with your move, if there's any specific areas you'de like more info on, post them up, and i'll check back later...

Old 05-04-2010, 10:55 AM

1,064 posts, read 3,369,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromansky View Post
Thanks. I'm interested in a semi-rural area w/in 20 minutes if the city with good schools and wide open spaces.

I'll look into FW and Plano areas a little further. How are jobs in the metro area? We'll probably be moving without jobs and renting. We have some money stashed, so we'll have a few months for me to find one.

Good luck with your move.
I'll send you a PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 AM

13,402 posts, read 22,596,911 times
Anything west or south of Fort Worth would probably be more in line with what you are thinking. The Dallas side of the Metroplex and the north side of the Metroplex are full of transplants, is more diverse, and for that reason it has swung more to the left.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:32 AM

Thank you all for your help. If I didn't reply to you, please don't think I'm not considering your advice. I'm all over it like flies on ..... uh, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth