U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:04 PM

32,480 posts, read 50,954,572 times

Advertisements

anyone see the article into FTW paper today about the Keller school board candidate who was accused of having parties where minors received alcohol and giving them drugs--when police went to his house they found really unsanitary conditions (dog poop inside the house and in his daughters' bedroom), marijuana plants and a stash as well as crack pipes

he came home and they arrested him and booked him into Mansfield jail--

Keller school board candidate arrested on drug charge | Northeast Tarrant | News from Fo... (http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/05/06/2169148/keller-school-board-candidate.html - broken link)

apparently from the article he is single-dad (divorced) and has three daughters...two were at home and were taken by CPS and I guess placed with other family members...

the story also said that he has unpaid traffic fines from Wilmer--and a different source gave the amount as over 1700--don't know if that is because they are unpaid and accruing...

one of the posters on Dallas Morning News site said that he was member/leader of the Tea Party movement in that area--don't know if that is accurate ot not--

he can't be taken off the ballot at this point--and has not been found guilty of any crime--any one guilt of a felony crime can't run but this does not add up to felony if he is convicted...
so guess it will be interesting to see what the election has to say...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 07:38 PM

looks like he lost his race...

Old 05-12-2010, 10:25 AM

269 posts, read 489,102 times
Great, and I just bought a house in Keller because of their schools! (of course one bad apple doesn't meant the rest are bad as well)!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:07 AM

he was never ON the board--but he was a PTA volunteer at elementary school from his bio...

Old 05-22-2010, 12:49 PM

8 posts, read 23,301 times
I feel for you babs, I too recently fell for the "KELLER TRAP" as I like to call it. The amazing reputation that Keller schools have, which may have been true a decade or so ago, is a total farce. I'll probably get some folks yelling at me for saying that, nobody likes to be told they've made a mistake after paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a new home. My wife and I started home-schooling a couple years ago, even though we live in one of the highest school district tax areas. Unfortunate.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:47 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,914,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussHill View Post
I feel for you babs, I too recently fell for the "KELLER TRAP" as I like to call it. The amazing reputation that Keller schools have, which may have been true a decade or so ago, is a total farce. I'll probably get some folks yelling at me for saying that, nobody likes to be told they've made a mistake after paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a new home. My wife and I started home-schooling a couple years ago, even though we live in one of the highest school district tax areas. Unfortunate.
Kellers schools ARE good! One bad incident doesn't ruin the district. Thats like saying-- "Oh no! Someone was jailed in Houston! Houston must be a terrible city!" Its just silly.

People who plan to home school always seemed a bit odd to me. Why would you want to take your kids out of the social environment that will help nurture their future relationships with co-workers and other individuals? This has always seemed a bit radical to me...

Old 05-24-2010, 08:32 AM

21 posts, read 51,534 times
The arrest of a school board candidate has nothing to do with the school district itself and should not be any indication of that district. Having said that, I agree that the Keller ISD isn't what it used to be, not by a long shot. I have to agree with the previous poster who says that KISD is living on a outdated reputation, nothing could be more true. I read many posts here from people move to Keller every day for the schools, well, you're making a mistake - these schools are not any better than most schools in North Texas. People like cyclone, who obviously sends his/her kids to KISD and frankly has no other option, will always be defensive about it, but facts are facts. I'm sorry you bought a home in the KISD, but I suppose as long as you are able to keep that wool over your eyes it won't seem so bad to you.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 AM

people can be unhappy with schools for so many different reasons and probably half of them are related to personal factors that don't concern the education of 99% of the student body...
most of the time the reasons that people SHOULD be concerned about an ISD's ability to educate students in the best, more effective manner just fall under their radar altogether...

Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustsayin View Post
The arrest of a school board candidate has nothing to do with the school district itself and should not be any indication of that district. Having said that, I agree that the Keller ISD isn't what it used to be, not by a long shot. I have to agree with the previous poster who says that KISD is living on a outdated reputation, nothing could be more true. I read many posts here from people move to Keller every day for the schools, well, you're making a mistake - these schools are not any better than most schools in North Texas. People like cyclone, who obviously sends his/her kids to KISD and frankly has no other option, will always be defensive about it, but facts are facts. I'm sorry you bought a home in the KISD, but I suppose as long as you are able to keep that wool over your eyes it won't seem so bad to you.
LOL. I don't have kids and I don't live in Keller. But I do know many people who do... and they all say that Keller ISD is a good district!

Why do you think Keller ISD is not a good school district?

To me, it seems Northwest ISD is probably a lot worse off-- less diversity, quality of teachers is worse, lower standards-- it just seems like Keller ISD is the best school district around. Wonder why all the bashers for Keller ISD. Is it jealousy? Possibly...

Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustsayin View Post
And you aren't stating any facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth