Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 11:59 AM

31 posts, read 157,232 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I was advised by some of your more experienced posters to repost my question here,since the community I'm interested is closer to the Fort Worth area,and I'm hoping the residents will be able to help.
We plan on moving to Haltom city and are interested in some feedback on the area and surrounding communities. Any info would be so greatly appreciated!Thank you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2006, 12:47 PM

700 posts, read 2,710,800 times
Haltom City is a crappy city. I have friends that live in a new subdivision there that's nice but they have complained that the schools are terrible. If you're looking into that area you should take a look at homes in the Keller Independent School District. There are many subdivsions within the Ft. Worth city limits that are in the Keller ISD and they tend to be cheaper than those that are actually in the city of Keller itself.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the info Texan #1. I have been looking at a lot of homes in Watauga, and I notice that some homes are located in the Keller ISD. Any comments about that city? Your help is appreciated!

Old 06-13-2006, 04:50 PM

75 posts, read 287,172 times
Hi Fritzjanine,
We lived in Watauga (Foster Village subdivision) for approximately 9 years on the same block. We really liked where we were (homes being about 22 years old at the time). Our children were in the Keller schools, however, 4 houses down, it was Birdville. It depends where in Watauga you are looking-the Park Vista area of Watauga has police reports in the paper almost weekly, so I wouldn't suggest there. There also seems to be a lot of renters in Watauga (older homes) now, which we weren't always comfortable with. Nothing wrong with renting, but it seems to bring some bad seeds at times that bring down the neighborhood. I agree with texas#1 and their post also-you should stay away from Haltom City...
Good luck!

Old 06-14-2006, 09:45 AM

Thanks, Mompooh3 for your info. I was leaning towards Watauga and also a few areas in the sur,rouding vicinity. It's helpful to know what to "stay away from".

Old 06-25-2006, 02:12 PM

121 posts, read 812,167 times
I definitely don't want to rile anyone up, but I would pretty much agree with the statement that Haltom City is crappy. Most of it is older, a lot of the residential streets are in HORRIBLE shape, it's just nothing too spectacular. One thing I would say, though, is that the Birdville Independent School District isn't what I would consider a bad ISD by any means. Keller ISD may well be nicer, but I don't think Birdville is bad.

Watauga has areas with older homes, but it's got some nicer newer homes in places too, just have to hunt them down.

If your employment is going to be in Haltom City, you might consider some of the areas around North Beach Street in Fort Worth, all the way up into Keller. Homes in various price ranges, still pretty close to Haltom City, and it's a nice area, although traffic on Beach is becoming a pain. Any other questions you have about the area, feel free to let me know!

Old 07-02-2006, 11:04 PM

Default Thanks, I catch tree bass!

Thanks for the info, yes, I do believe Haltom city isn't for us, based on the feedback from this and other forums. I'm leaning towards either Watauga,Keller, or Saginaw. I guess the best idea would be to rent first and get to know the areas a bit before settling on a home. I have to say, Texans seem to be the most friendliest and helpful people and I'm looking forward to our move! Thanks again!

Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 PM

121 posts, read 812,167 times
Well, we do what we can, and as you begin narrowing your choices, feel free to come back and ask us more questions. Glad we could help!

Old 08-03-2006, 12:15 PM

Default We love it

Hello all,
We just came back from a visit to the fort worth area, and fell in love with it! So much that we went ahead and put our house on the market earlier than we planned. We had a little bit of trouble getting our bearings but the communities that the previous posters suggested were perfect. One question though, can anyone tell me what streets boundary the Park Vista area of Watauga that mompooh 3 mentioned? Thanks!

Old 08-04-2006, 06:52 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,323,725 times
yep Haltom City sucks.........Watauga, Saginaw, Keller are much better choices. Keller was getting a tad "yuppie-fied" when i left that area of Texas, however. I lived in Wise County, which I love-Paradise to be exact. Also other great places to look into in Wise County that are close to Ft Worth are Rhome and the small towns anywhere around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth