U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:48 PM

218 posts, read 530,650 times

Advertisements

Yes. NOTHING Christian about their behavior. That is harrassment, just as it is when activists of any sort get in your face. Go to Seattle, and the "greenies" bug the heck out of you outside Fred Meyers trying to get you to sign the latest petition. Just ignore their rudeness. I am sure if a policeman was nearby, he would have considered this harrassment. So sorry this happened. I know I would have been upset as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 448 times
My husband and I are Pastors of a church in West Fort Worth and we went on a date one night downtown. I had bought this shirt that exposed my left shoulder, and curved up around my right shoulder. Something attractive for the date, not something I would wear to church, but great for my husband. Those gross religious people were downtown that night holding big signs about how God hates sinners and screaming on the intercom how people are sinners. I went to the guy with the intercom and said to him, "Don't you know the BIBLE says it's 'the goodness of God that leads to man to repentance?' " and dude!...he totally attacked me, saying how I was showing my shoulder and that I needed the judgement of God and then the other guys near him all started yelling at me! I thought I was about to get physically attcked!

Anyways, in response to your post: There was a lady in the Bible named Mary who heard Jesus was hanging out at this house and she wanted to go let him know how thankful she was that he had saved her, actually Jesus had cast seven demons out of her, so you could imagine how much Jesus meant to her after that. So, she goes into this house and starts weeping at his feet and washing his feet with her hair. The men in the room, started to judge Jesus and said, If He was any kind of prophet that he would know who this woman was who touched him, for she was a sinner!.. one version says a "notorious wicked sinner" Then Jesus gave them a story about appreciation for forgiveness, then rebuked them for not giving him the same love and attention that she was giving him. (Luke 7:36+)

Anyways, God doesn't hate sinners! Jesus was loving and kind to the sinners and called the religious people of that time a "brood of vipers" (Matt 3:7), told them they "were like their father the devil" (John 8:44), and that any converts that they made, would be twice the devil that they were...(Matt 23:15)... that would definitely apply to these guys downtown, hopefully they don't make any converts, can you imagine twice the devil than they are!!! God help us!!

There is a difference between Jesus and religion. Religion is what Jesus said it was, "pretenders, For you are like tombs that have been whitewashed, which look beautiful on the outside but inside are full of dead men's bones and everything impure". Matt 23:27... The Bible says that we judge other's out of the evil in our own hearts, most of the time the harder the judgement from someone, that person actually has that same sin in their own heart. So those guys downtown most likely struggle with lust and sexual sin in their own heart, so they judge everyone else!

I'm so sorry that happened to you!! I hate to imagine the damage they are causing to people's hearts. I will call downtown to complain!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth