U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:30 PM

723 posts, read 1,676,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Ft Worth City limits go up to the south service area of the airport and includes part of the service area.

DFW Airport is about 65-70% in Tarrant County Maybe 30% in Dallas County and a small tab of maybe 2% in Denton County.

Going up to the south service area is NOT in the airport. It doesn't matter how much of either county it is in, it is owned by both Dallas and Fort Worth and has a DFW Airport address. It is a Dallas and Fort Worth Airport, get over it! That poster is one of the people I am talking about people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 09:36 PM

Actually I just checked on it on Google maps and I was wrong about the airport bordering Fort Worth to the southwest. The Airport begins north of the small arm of city limits of Fort Worth. A small chunk of the arm of Fort Worth borders the freeway to the south of it and doesn't even touch the Airport. The address that is given for the area between the freeway and the airport is Euless. HA!

Old 06-02-2010, 12:15 AM

10,171 posts, read 13,735,585 times
You really need to quit your hate on Fort Worth. It's really trollish now and immature.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:15 AM

13,402 posts, read 22,609,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Actually I just checked on it on Google maps and I was wrong about the airport bordering Fort Worth to the southwest. The Airport begins north of the small arm of city limits of Fort Worth. A small chunk of the arm of Fort Worth borders the freeway to the south of it and doesn't even touch the Airport. The address that is given for the area between the freeway and the airport is Euless. HA!
Ok...and does this mean people from Fort Worth are no longer allowed to use the airport?

Dallas and Fort Worth have joint control over the airport. Its located in the center of the metroplex. Its meant to serve the entire community. Whatever city its in doesnt matter all that much because anyone can use it. Its easily accessable from Dallas or Fort Worth.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Ok...and does this mean people from Fort Worth are no longer allowed to use the airport?

Dallas and Fort Worth have joint control over the airport. Its located in the center of the metroplex. Its meant to serve the entire community. Whatever city its in doesnt matter all that much because anyone can use it. Its easily accessable from Dallas or Fort Worth.
Well according to Rakin it is more Fort Worth.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:05 PM

36,668 posts, read 40,742,889 times
Default I thought I was wrong once, but I was Mistaken

When you learn to read and comprehend I believe you will see that is my 1st post about this subject and never did I even insinuate the Airport was in the city limits of FW.

I did think that it was interesting that the bulk of the airport is in Tarrant County. Since it was split equally on development between FW & Dallas one would think it would be equally in each county.

Being a native who watched the area cities grow, I speculate that when it was built it was not in any city. The 4 city's that include airport land annexed the land after the airport was opened for the income and to provide city services as needed.

I could be wrong but it seems like it is more important to some than to others.

Ever ask people in FW if they would like to move to Dallas ? Most will tell you "H*ll No". I will admit Ft Worth has it's own style and a whole lot nicer downtown.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 PM

32,494 posts, read 50,965,633 times
folks--get a grip
too many of you responding to this are too smart to care...

Old 06-02-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post

According to some on here Dallas can't use it.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
When you learn to read and comprehend I believe you will see that is my 1st post about this subject and never did I even insinuate the Airport was in the city limits of FW.

I did think that it was interesting that the bulk of the airport is in Tarrant County. Since it was split equally on development between FW & Dallas one would think it would be equally in each county.

Being a native who watched the area cities grow, I speculate that when it was built it was not in any city. The 4 city's that include airport land annexed the land after the airport was opened for the income and to provide city services as needed.

I could be wrong but it seems like it is more important to some than to others.

Ever ask people in FW if they would like to move to Dallas ? Most will tell you "H*ll No". I will admit Ft Worth has it's own style and a whole lot nicer downtown.
But it is NOT just Fort Worth's airport. It was not just built for Fort Worth, but for the whole area. It being more in Tarrant County doesn't make it Fort Worth's. It is almost equally in each county and Dallas' name comes first. Dallas also has its own commercial airport in town and Fort Worth does not.

Dallas has a much bigger and prettier downtown and skyline. Many people I know likes to go to ilume to the pools and bars there because of the skyline view. Most people in Dallas I ask, hates Fort Worth.

The Dallas Cowboys are now in Tarrant County, but it is not Fort Worth's as much as they like to think it is. It is not even in town. The Rangers too.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:04 PM

10,171 posts, read 13,735,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
But it is NOT just Fort Worth's airport. It was not just built for Fort Worth, but for the whole area. It being more in Tarrant County doesn't make it Fort Worth's. It is almost equally in each county and Dallas' name comes first. Dallas also has its own commercial airport in town and Fort Worth does not.

Dallas has a much bigger and prettier downtown and skyline. Many people I know likes to go to ilume to the pools and bars there because of the skyline view. Most people in Dallas I ask, hates Fort Worth.

The Dallas Cowboys are now in Tarrant County, but it is not Fort Worth's as much as they like to think it is. It is not even in town. The Rangers too.
Wow okay, there are so many things wrong with your post;

Tarrant County is Fort Worth's county, because Fort Worth is the seat to Tarrant County. Get over it.

Umm, people go to Fort Worth's downtown more, period, doesn't matter who goes to some bar in downtown Dallas. Fort Worth's downtown is more lively and will always be that way.

Next, the airport doesn't belong to any of them, if you look at it, they have the airport it's own city status just to avoid the conflict.

And no one here has suggested people from Dallas stop going to DFW.

Yeah Fort Worth had the Great Southwestern Airport, remember that? But they had to sacrifice it to build DFW airport.

Fort Worth has Meachem International airport, even though they don't do commercial flights there anymore. I can see it being used again, I have read a few airlines have wanted to sign up for that airports use, but only time will tell.

Next, of course Dallas is listed first in DFW, how would it sound if it was FWD? I sounds like a Four Wheel Drive system for cars like that. Dallas is the larger city so it's first in the name.

And as far as sports go, Texas Rangers, enough said. Dallas Cowboys are always going to be Dallas's team, you need to hop off the hate wagon there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth