U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:18 PM

723 posts, read 1,675,967 times

Advertisements

"Tarrant County is Fort Worth's county, because Fort Worth is the seat to Tarrant County. Get over it."

That doesn't mean that the airport is Fort Worth's. Plus part of the airport is in Dallas county.

"Umm, people go to Fort Worth's downtown more, period, doesn't matter who goes to some bar in downtown Dallas. Fort Worth's downtown is more lively and will always be that way."

Well that is your opinion. Dallas has a bigger downtown, bigger buildings, better transportation downtown and more to do. Dallas wins, hands down!

"Next, the airport doesn't belong to any of them, if you look at it, they have the airport it's own city status just to avoid the conflict."

What??

"Yeah Fort Worth had the Great Southwestern Airport, remember that? But they had to sacrifice it to build DFW airport.

Fort Worth has Meachem International airport, even though they don't do commercial flights there anymore. I can see it being used again, I have read a few airlines have wanted to sign up for that airports use, but only time will tell."

and Dallas had and STILL has Love Field where commercial airlines still exist, what's your point??

"And as far as sports go, Texas Rangers, enough said. Dallas Cowboys are always going to be Dallas's team, you need to hop off the hate wagon there."

Yet the Rangers is not Fort Worth's team either. Since it isn't labeled by a city, it is considered the Metroplex's team, not just Fort Worth. In fact before I lived in Dallas, I would always hear people say that they were going to Dallas to see the Rangers play before they went, or that someone was in Dallas seeing the Rangers play when I asked them where so and so was. They never mentioned Fort Worth.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 10:33 PM

10,171 posts, read 13,734,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
"Tarrant County is Fort Worth's county, because Fort Worth is the seat to Tarrant County. Get over it."

That doesn't mean that the airport is Fort Worth's. Plus part of the airport is in Dallas county.
Right, right, it doesn't belong to any one city, it belongs to the metroplex as a whole.

"Umm, people go to Fort Worth's downtown more, period, doesn't matter who goes to some bar in downtown Dallas. Fort Worth's downtown is more lively and will always be that way."

Well that is your opinion. Dallas has a bigger downtown, bigger buildings, better transportation downtown and more to do. Dallas wins, hands down!
Yeah and how has having more buildings and better transportation worked out for Dallas? I recall Fort Worth's downtown is still livelier, meaning people are going there obviously not to look at buildings, and walk on foot because FW downtown doesn't have public transit. It's okay, the downtown is more lively than Houston's too. Don't have to take it personal.

"Next, the airport doesn't belong to any of them, if you look at it, they have the airport it's own city status just to avoid the conflict."

What??

The airport was granted municipality (city) to end the dispute about who controls the airport. It's a city of it's own technically.

"Yeah Fort Worth had the Great Southwestern Airport, remember that? But they had to sacrifice it to build DFW airport.

Fort Worth has Meachem International airport, even though they don't do commercial flights there anymore. I can see it being used again, I have read a few airlines have wanted to sign up for that airports use, but only time will tell."

and Dallas had and STILL has Love Field where commercial airlines still exist, what's your point??
My point was that you said Fort Worth didn't have an airport which it does. It can use that airport for commercial use whenever it wants too.

"And as far as sports go, Texas Rangers, enough said. Dallas Cowboys are always going to be Dallas's team, you need to hop off the hate wagon there."

Yet the Rangers is not Fort Worth's team either. Since it isn't labeled by a city, it is considered the Metroplex's team, not just Fort Worth. In fact before I lived in Dallas, I would always hear people say that they were going to Dallas to see the Rangers play before they went, or that someone was in Dallas seeing the Rangers play when I asked them where so and so was. They never mentioned Fort Worth.
Exactly, it is the Metroplex's team. That has been what I've been trying to tell you the whole time about the Rangers. Doesn't matter, the Rangers aren't called the "Dallas Rangers" they're the "Texas Rangers" they are both cities team.
^^ This.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 PM

"Right, right, it doesn't belong to any one city, it belongs to the metroplex as a whole."

Yet some has said it is in Fort Worth and belongs to them.

"Yeah and how has having more buildings and better transportation worked out for Dallas? I recall Fort Worth's downtown is still livelier, meaning people are going there obviously not to look at buildings, and walk on foot because FW downtown doesn't have public transit. It's okay, the downtown is more lively than Houston's too. Don't have to take it personal."

Don't forget about the West End district, Reunion Tower and everything else Dallas has. Fort Worth has a few skyscrapers and the cowboy doody stockyard. Dallas wins! Fort Worth reaks!

BTW, the Rangers need to have the name changed to Dallas so it can more closely identify with the principal city(Dallas).

Love Field has commercial flights, Fort Worth does not. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
"Right, right, it doesn't belong to any one city, it belongs to the metroplex as a whole."

Yet some has said it is in Fort Worth and belongs to them.

"Yeah and how has having more buildings and better transportation worked out for Dallas? I recall Fort Worth's downtown is still livelier, meaning people are going there obviously not to look at buildings, and walk on foot because FW downtown doesn't have public transit. It's okay, the downtown is more lively than Houston's too. Don't have to take it personal."

Don't forget about the West End district, Reunion Tower and everything else Dallas has. Fort Worth has a few skyscrapers and the cowboy doody stockyard. Dallas wins! Fort Worth reaks!

BTW, the Rangers need to have the name changed to Dallas so it can more closely identify with the principal city(Dallas).

Love Field has commercial flights, Fort Worth does not. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
And the things other people say bother you this much? Huh

Cool, Dallas sounds like it has a lot going for it's downtown, I wonder why it ranks below Fort Worth on downtown activity then. Hmmm, I can't imagine.
I guess all those people that FW downtown gets that Dallas doesn't sure don't think FW reaks.

Meacham can change that any time. Just remember that. LOL.

Texas Ranger's won't ever change their name.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 PM

"Cool, Dallas sounds like it has a lot going for it's downtown, I wonder why it ranks below Fort Worth on downtown activity then. Hmmm, I can't imagine.
I guess all those people that FW downtown gets that Dallas doesn't sure don't think FW reaks."

And who has ranked this?

"Meacham can change that any time. Just remember that. LOL."

and Love Field will still be there.

"Texas Ranger's won't ever change their name. "

Never say never. California Angels anyone??

Old 06-02-2010, 11:06 PM

32,488 posts, read 50,959,934 times
why do I feel like "Step Brothers" is looping again and again...

Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
"Cool, Dallas sounds like it has a lot going for it's downtown, I wonder why it ranks below Fort Worth on downtown activity then. Hmmm, I can't imagine.
I guess all those people that FW downtown gets that Dallas doesn't sure don't think FW reaks."

And who has ranked this?

"Meacham can change that any time. Just remember that. LOL."

and Love Field will still be there.

"Texas Ranger's won't ever change their name. "

Never say never. California Angels anyone??
LOL, California has 3 other teams now. And no, it's not going to change in Texas, not with Fort Worth in the metroplex, LA has two teams. If FW got it's own team then yeah but otherwise no.

The experts ranked it. You can even look it up on Wikipedia or search "Downtown Fort Worth most lively downtown in Texas" on goggle and see what you get.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
LOL, California has 3 other teams now. And no, it's not going to change in Texas, not with Fort Worth in the metroplex, LA has two teams. If FW got it's own team then yeah but otherwise no.
Yet Dallas has the Cowboys, Mavericks and the Stars named after them, and the Mavs and Stars play in Dallas(and no Fort Worth is not getting them).

Quote:
The experts ranked it. You can even look it up on Wikipedia or search "Downtown Fort Worth most lively downtown in Texas" on goggle and see what you get.
It doesn't matter what idiots ranked it. Dallas has a bigger and better downtown.

Oh and anyone can put anything they want on Wikipedia.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 AM

1,896 posts, read 3,075,795 times
Quote:
I don't know where some people get that idea?? A small arm of Fort Worth borders the Airport on the southwest, but that is it. The huge airport is mostly surrounded by suburban cities like Euless, Grapevine and Irving. Also, surrounding the airport is not the same as it being in the cities itself. The cities of Dallas and Fort Worth both own the airport, the airport takes the address of DFW Airport, and it lies in both Dallas and Tarrant counties.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:29 PM

What exactly did I fail at?? I spoke the truth. DFW Airport is NOT in Fort Worth and both cities share custody of it. What are you smoking??

http://www.dfwairport.com/

http://www.dfwairport.com/contact/index.php

http://www.airwise.com/airports/us/DFW/index.html (broken link)

Address: 3200 East Airfield Drive, DFW Airport, TX 75261

Distance from Dallas:
15 miles (24 km)

Distance from Fort Worth:
18 miles (29 km)

The airport is closer to Dallas than Fort Worth. HA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth