Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 05:56 PM

77 posts, read 292,988 times

Advertisements

My partner and I are making a visit down to these two towns before our big move. I was wondering, being a foodie and coming from a city like Buffalo with SO many great restaurants and food, are there any places in both towns that are must go's to eat at? Typically we like more casual places so something along those lines would be great, but not holes in the wall or greasy spoons either. Are there a lot of local restaurants or are the areas dominated by chains?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 06:12 PM

461 posts, read 1,276,754 times
Hagerstown: Durango, Gourmet Goat, Aqua 103, LJ's and the Kat Lounge, Schmankerl Stube (German), Bulls and Bears.

Frederick: Tasting Room, Dutch's Daughter, Isabella's, Danielle's, Firestone's.

Both places have plenty of chain restaurants as well.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 PM

6,912 posts, read 11,160,662 times
My Frederick Favorites were:

The Clay Oven and Bombay Grill - Indian, with Clay Oven being cheaper.

Mountainview and Double TT Diners - both Greek owned, so expect huge portions, great selection, and good food - especially the crabcakes

China Garden - good chinese, decent sushi

Plus lots of Central American restaraunts (NOT Mexican) that were always changing names, but always had good eats from that part of the world

Fajita Grande - Tex-Mex owned by Indians. I didn't care, it was still the best "Mexican" food in town.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 PM

148 posts, read 367,738 times
Walk along Market Street and Patrick Street in downtown Frederick and you'll find a 20+ non-chain restaurants, a variety of cuisines. My favorites are The Orchard, Nola, Beans & Bagels, and Nido's, but there are lots of other charming, bustling places to eat.

Outside of downtown, my favorites are Thai Rice (on Rt. 40) and Mexicali Cantina (W. Patrick Street, near Frederick HS).

Lots of the typical chains on the outskirts of town.

Enjoy your visit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick