Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:18 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,996,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Then only poor Washington County would be left in the general Maryland forum
Yeah, poor Hagerstown. If you western MD'ers don't claim them, we'll take 'em in the Frederick forum. Frederick & Hagerstown are kind of sister cities anyway, despite their obvious differences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 09:08 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,298,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlander View Post
Yeah, poor Hagerstown. If you western MD'ers don't claim them, we'll take 'em in the Frederick forum. Frederick & Hagerstown are kind of sister cities anyway, despite their obvious differences.
Thank you! I have been saying that all my life

Old 10-14-2011, 11:35 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,390,804 times
Actually, you do not have to view the Maryland forums as separate entities. You can view the entire state as one forum. To do that, click on Maryland from the main forum page, and then select the option to view "Merged threads from all Maryland sub-forums" in the blue header above the sub-forum menu. You will then get a list of all threads in the state, without sub-forum designation.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Actually, you do not have to view the Maryland forums as separate entities. You can view the entire state as one forum. To do that, click on Maryland from the main forum page, and then select the option to view "Merged threads from all Maryland sub-forums" in the blue header above the sub-forum menu. You will then get a list of all threads in the state, without sub-forum designation.
I know. But I don't think many posters use the function. Everytime another sub-forum is broken off, the general "Maryland" forum loses usage. I am sure you can see the stats, but I would guess we are lucky to have 4 or 5 posts a day there unless a "Is MD Northern or Southern" argument starts.

My preference would to have just 2 forums, DC burbs and Maryland. But I don't call the shots and have to go with the flow.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:13 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
My preference would to have just 2 forums, DC burbs and Maryland. But I don't call the shots and have to go with the flow.
And Baltimore?

Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
And Baltimore?
What is more "Maryland" than Baltimore? It used to be the meat of the Maryland forum until it was split off too. I understand that splitting off the metro areas work for big states that have large rural regions and the occasional urban area, but Maryland is about 3/4 urban. There isn't enough "Maryland" that isn't part of D.C. or Baltimore, and now Frederick to keep the conversations going. Heck, most of the "general Maryland" posts are just misplaced threads that should go in the subforums.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
What is more "Maryland" than Baltimore? It used to be the meat of the Maryland forum until it was split off too. I understand that splitting off the metro areas work for big states that have large rural regions and the occasional urban area, but Maryland is about 3/4 urban. There isn't enough "Maryland" that isn't part of D.C. or Baltimore, and now Frederick to keep the conversations going. Heck, most of the "general Maryland" posts are just misplaced threads that should go in the subforums.
I suppose Baltimore does embody Maryland.

Personally, I kind of see the 'Maryland DC suburbs' as being a better combination with Maryland.

Maybe it's because I don't personally view the Baltimore forum, but I do like to read everything else in Maryland that isn't Baltimore.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,015 times
I think its kind of illogical that Frederick has its own subforum but not Hagerstown. They include Calvert in the DC Suburbs forum and that's less a DC suburb than Frederick imho. Hagerstown isn't really a suburb of anything since it's way out there by itself lol.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I think its kind of illogical that Frederick has its own subforum but not Hagerstown. They include Calvert in the DC Suburbs forum and that's less a DC suburb than Frederick imho. Hagerstown isn't really a suburb of anything since it's way out there by itself lol.
I can't imagine Hagerstown getting much city-data traffic. Frederick hardly does.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I can't imagine Hagerstown getting much city-data traffic. Frederick hardly does.
I live in fear of the day when the "Western Maryland" forum of Washington, Allegany, and Garrett is formed

I think that would be the official end of my City-Data career as all of my posts would be identical:

Hagerstown isn't Western Maryland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick