Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 3,153 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are moving to the area for work in Frederick, MD. We are a one income, married couple with three children 7 and under. Our realtor has encouraged us to look in Washington County or Jefferson County, WV. Does anyone have any good recommendations for areas to look for young families? We are trying to stay under 250K. We would like to live in a place without restrictions or a pretty laid back HOA. We lived in a neighborhood with a HOA that over monitored everything. If your trashcan was left out the day after pick up you got a fine, etc. We kept up with it, but it was stressful. I don't really want to live like that again. However, we do appreciate neighborhood pride. We homeschool now, but we would also like to be in an area with good schools. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 02:38 PM

461 posts, read 1,284,090 times
13212 JOHNNYCAKE LN - HAGERSTOWN - FOXLEIGH MEADOWS - WA9626542

Here's a house that tics all of your boxes in Washington County. Nice neighborhood, no HOA, great elementary schools.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:08 PM

3 posts, read 3,153 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks! We will put that one on our list for next weekend.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:31 PM

Try Fountain Head, Spring Valley, Foxleigh Meadows, Maple Valley, Fountain Head North, Fountain Head West, all in Hagerstown to start with. They all sound like what you are looking for.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:04 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
If you're looking for a neighborhood with little to no HOA interference, you may want to look in Jefferson County, MD or Franklin County, PA. Washington County is a great place, but it seems like the newer neighborhoods stay very well manicured because of HOA's. There are generally less HOA's in neighborhoods in West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:17 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,093,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
If you're looking for a neighborhood with little to no HOA interference, you may want to look in Jefferson County, MD or Franklin County, PA. Washington County is a great place, but it seems like the newer neighborhoods stay very well manicured because of HOA's. There are generally less HOA's in neighborhoods in West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
There is no Jefferson County in MD. I believe you may mean West Virginia.

My only advice would be to look very hard at school systems. Maryland has fairly large school systems where they are administered at the county level. In PA they have School districts which are generally smaller consisting of a High School and it's feeder schools. I am not sure what the structure of schools is in WV.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:56 PM

449 posts, read 495,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
There is no Jefferson County in MD. I believe you may mean West Virginia.

My only advice would be to look very hard at school systems. Maryland has fairly large school systems where they are administered at the county level. In PA they have School districts which are generally smaller consisting of a High School and it's feeder schools. I am not sure what the structure of schools is in WV.

I don't think they even have schools in West Virginia Lol

Old 07-20-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
I don't think they even have schools in West Virginia Lol
Yeah....not known for being overly stellar. I don't even think they had to make up snow days in WV until last year, and the infrastructure is poorer in WV, so they would be off when MD had school.

MD schools are the best, or among the best, in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick