Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 07:40 PM

33 posts, read 194,597 times

Advertisements

I have store coupons that expire on Jan 31, and I was wondering if I can pair them with *similar* (not the same) coupons that expire on March.
For example:

$3 off any ONE FlorEssence Tea Blend
$3 off any ONE 17 oz Flor-Essence Tea Blend

Both are store coupons for the FlorEssence brand, but one of the coupons are for any Floressence item while the other is for a specific item. They also have different barcodes.
Both coupons say "limit one coupon per purchase of specified products per individual". I know it doesn't mean I can't use 2 coupons with the same specification/barcodes for 1 product, but the specification/barcodes are different for my two coupons. Can I combine them?

Also I have two store-coupons that have the same specification ($1 off for 2 boxes of Choice Organic Teas) but different barcodes and expiry dates. Can I combine them? These are also limit one coupon per purchase of specified products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 07:54 PM

455 posts, read 980,361 times
You definitely cannot use more than one manufacturer coupon per item.

The issue is what is a store, what is a mfg. coupon? Store coupons say "Redeem only at XXX" and have no address or instructions to the store on how/where to mail them. Some store coupons have bar codes, some do not...it just depends on the chain. Your best bet for finding store coupons is in their sale flyers or on displays in the store. You cannot stack two Store or two Manufacturer coupons...only one of each...depending on your store's rules.

Your best bet is to google your preferred store's name and "coupon blogger" and visit the one with the biggest readership. They have the store policies online and all coupon matchups for the weekly sale ads.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:06 PM

33 posts, read 194,597 times
This is the store: Whole Foods Market Global Coupon Policy | Whole Foods Market

"Multiple Whole Deal coupons for the same item in one transaction can be used as long as there is an individual coupon for each item purchased"

So I am guessing I can get my $3 tea blend coupon and the other $3 tea blend coupon (with different specification and bar codes) on one tea blend item?

Old 01-01-2014, 09:16 PM

Ask at the Customer Service desk but "individual coupon for each item purchased" sounds to me like one coupon for each item purchased.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:55 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,238,355 times
It looks like that means you can use a store coupon with a manufacture's coupon but asking at the service desk is the best idea.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 AM

Candy: I'd be interested in knowing the answer if you do ask the management. That has got to be one of the most ambiguous coupon policies I've ever read. I think they may be leaving management a lot of wiggle room.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:19 PM

14,512 posts, read 20,713,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyboots View Post
$3 off any ONE FlorEssence Tea Blend
$3 off any 17 oz Flor-Essence Tea Blend
Also I have two store-coupons that have the same specification ($1 off for 2 boxes of Choice Organic Teas) but different barcodes and expiry dates. Can I combine them? These are also limit one coupon per purchase of specified products.
Publix will let you stack a Publix coupon with a manufacturer's coupon.
You appear to have two different coupons.
1. $3/1 any FlorEssence Tea Blend
2. $3/1 17 ounce FlorEssence.

In our stores, you could use the "any" coupon on "any" FlorEssence.
Use the $3/1 17 ounce only on a 17 ounce FlorEssence.
And at Publix as an example, use the $1/2 on the two you bought using your 2 insert coupons.

In our area, what CS tells you, etc. is called YMMV. Your mileage may vary. Different managers can have different interpretations of what the wording on a coupon means.

We have another store and we were at the register and the manager came over and said "we do not take coupons on items that are on sale."

Old 01-05-2014, 11:22 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,294,529 times
Almost all stores have registers that scan the coupons. Either the coupon will work or it won't. They'll let you know. I find the coupon thing confusing so I let the register do it.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:36 AM

14,512 posts, read 20,713,050 times
We have a mix. Some stores have self checkout lanes. One lets you the customer, scan the coupon and drop it in the drop box where a green light recognizes that a coupon has been deposited. Another store you hand the coupons to the self checkout attendant and they scan them. At the regular registers, the clerks scan the coupons, can override one that does not scan or call a manager over for assistance. And we have a store that will not accept any coupon no matter how real and valid it is, if it will not scan.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:28 PM

1,193 posts, read 2,393,489 times
One store coupon and one MFQ per item.

No more.

Just because they are two different MFQs it does not mean you can use them on one item.

BUT if you have a Whole Foods Q (one that Whole Foods puts out that is only valid within its store) and a manufacturer's Q (issued by the product maker) you can stack them on one item. So $1 off from Whole Foods and $3 off from the MF equals $4 off on one item. That could make the item free, cheap or even a money-maker. By money-maker, I mean that the value of the coupon(s) is more than the cost of the item. At some stores you can get the amount of the coupon(s) deducted from your transaction, even if the item cost is less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living