Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 AM

500 posts, read 1,177,302 times

Advertisements

When I went to coupons.com through Swagbucks, it popped up 2 coupons that I really want to use (for milk and block cheese), but on the coupon it says "Valid only in Idaho and Utah". I NEVER get coupons like this in my state, it's always for processed junk, so I'm really bummed that it says I can't use them.

So while I'm not advocating cheating I want to try to use them anyway. (Hey, I'm poor! And it's not fair for coupons not to be valid in all areas, really.)

Do you think they'll scan? Because I don't really "need" milk and cheese right now, as I just bought them a few days ago, so if they won't scan, there's no reason for me to rush out and buy those items before the coupons expire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM

3,665 posts, read 8,685,063 times
Try using them anyway, Walmart has taken so many of my expired coupons and others where I will make several copies of the same coupon to use over and over.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:09 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,599,714 times
Worth trying it. I have seen coupons like this occasionally. I had a Dunkin Donuts coupon that I didn't realize was limited to a particular metro area and it was refused when I tried to use it somewhere else. I hadn't even noticed the regional restriction until I tried to use it!

Old 02-11-2012, 06:39 PM

455 posts, read 981,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Try using them anyway, Walmart has taken so many of my expired coupons and others where I will make several copies of the same coupon to use over and over.
You ARE aware that the coupons have a code on them that will lead the company right back to your computer, aren't you? Companies have been known to cut you off printing privileges at the least, and prosecute for coupon fraud if they're feeling particularly nasty when they catch you copying coupons.

The only way to get around this, if you want more than two copies, is to use a different computer. We have 7 computers in my house between the three of us, laptops, desktop, netbook, tablet. With this many computers, I can print 14 coupons and not run afoul of law.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 PM

22,720 posts, read 47,950,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post

So while I'm not advocating cheating I want to try to use them anyway. (Hey, I'm poor! And it's not fair for coupons not to be valid in all areas, really.)
But you are.

People like you are why no store in my area will take coupons printed off the internet.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:01 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,302,398 times
Yep, I'll validate what Pitt Chick says. We live in the same city.

Most stores refuse home printed coupons in our region because of illegal practices recommended in this thread.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:41 PM

455 posts, read 981,615 times
You have to accept that all regions of the country are different. Florida does not allow doubling of coupons but several of our stores allow stacking of Mfg. and Store coupons. Some areas of Fla. have much lower coupon values than others. Some areas get a lot of store coupons, others-not so much. My store accepts competitor coupons.

You can avoid the temptation and envy of regional coupons if you only use your own zip code on the search.

It all evens out in the end and only by ALL OF US playing fairly and honestly and not clearing shelves will we ALL continue to benefit. If you shaft the store with invalid IP coupons, soon they will not accept printable coupons at all.

Last edited by MrsTommy; 02-15-2012 at 01:50 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 10:30 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,856,342 times
the cashiers in the stores by me always spend time analyzing the coupons before using them. i wouldnt expect to get away with using expired coupons or coupons for other areas.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM

15,138 posts, read 32,437,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
This is illegal. It's people like you that do this, that make it hard for us legitimate users to use internet coupons. The Walmart cashiers sometimes call the customer service manager to examine the coupons to make sure that they're legitimate before they accept them.

I'm on a limited income, and they really help, but I would absolutely NEVER even consider making copies of any coupons.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:03 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,522,204 times
They don't have the Mitchum clear gel coupon anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living