Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,368 times

Advertisements

What happens if you get inhertance money? Can you cancel your foodstamp or will they take your inheritance money that you need to use for health insurance and small operations that are needed to keep your healt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 03:28 AM

473 posts, read 498,107 times
Every state has different income limits as COST OF LIVING VARIES BY STATE. Some states also require you work a minimum number of hours unless caring for children. If desperate to eat, the hotel conference rooms cook up a ton of it for the conventions, meetings and weddings. These folks will usually let you have some food if hurting but is up to individual customers. Same goes for the buffet places. Almost no one else will feed you any more or is just discount on SOS junk food. May get the soup fixing from working at a grocery story but is up to discretion of manager - is still eatable if you know how to cook - almost icky makes good soup or casseroles. Is healthy if you can add some protein from meats or beans.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:26 AM

5,293 posts, read 5,963,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSABA View Post
What happens if you get inheiritance money? Can you cancel your foodstamp or will they take your inheritance money that you need to use for health insurance and small operations that are needed to keep your healt.
Depends on the amount of the inheritance and your age. You will probably need to cancel your food stamps but maybe not. AFTER you get the inheritance, go into your local Social Services and report the additional money.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,264 times
My son get fs..he left the state to help a friend...got stranded and got a job so he could get back...he gave 2 was notice...quit n has returned..his fs ppr just came in to report..is he gonna loose his fs

Old 04-13-2017, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,086 times
I just started a job Tues of this week am I eligible for stamps with just giving them a letter that I started don't have a pay stub yet

Old 04-13-2017, 10:25 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,305,619 times
Depending on your state, they may accept a document from your employer stating your wages.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:22 PM

16,368 posts, read 30,090,906 times
It must be Easter week ... there have been so many resurrections of old threads ...

Old 04-13-2017, 01:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,305,619 times
Isn't searching and topping encouraged by the forum?

Old 12-26-2017, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 821 times
I was getting snap from oklahoma and started working later i made from september thru october about 2,000 each month and didnt report it as i feared losing my job every day i continued to get food stamps november and december i made about 1,000 in november before losing my job i did use the stamps cuz i had alot of bills my question is can i reapply for stamps and will they charge me for november and december?? I didnt work this month but 3 days which is less than 200 and last month i did make about 1000 i know they'll be mad about the other 2 months but im worried to reapply and im concerned theyll charge me for all 4 months even tho i didnt make much this month and last month im not sure as i made 1000ish

Old 12-26-2017, 11:35 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,865,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey1990 View Post
I was getting snap from oklahoma and started working later i made from september thru october about 2,000 each month and didnt report it as i feared losing my job every day i continued to get food stamps november and december i made about 1,000 in november before losing my job i did use the stamps cuz i had alot of bills my question is can i reapply for stamps and will they charge me for november and december?? I didnt work this month but 3 days which is less than 200 and last month i did make about 1000 i know they'll be mad about the other 2 months but im worried to reapply and im concerned theyll charge me for all 4 months even tho i didnt make much this month and last month im not sure as i made 1000ish
SNAP guidelines changed October 1 2017 on the federal level.

The income limits have changed a little and I have posted the link below so you can see where your household falls.

Also look at the deductions allowed because they affect your benefits and you might be eligible for a greater amount if any of the deductions apply to your circumstances.

You can reapply for SNAP but there might be a penalty such as a waiting period before benefits begin. Your best bet is to tell the truth when reapplying about fearing for your job. Also make sure that you have documentation of your pay for the period for which you are applying for SNAP.

Here's the link to the new income guidelines and allowable deductions:

https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligibility
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living