Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 11:38 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times

Advertisements

The last set of sheets I bought was from Macys, over 200 bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 04:50 PM

949 posts, read 787,956 times
I also like Ross, but the lower thread count are a better buy. Try buying white ones, then run them through a couple wash cycles with bleach before using them. That will soften them and they will last much longer than the higher thread count sheets.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:23 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,908,524 times
When buying sheets, buy an extra color matched fitted sheet. Fitted sheets wear out before the top sheet/pillow cases and you will still have a matching set. You can rotate the fitted sheets so they fade at about the same rate

Old 11-02-2015, 09:40 AM

42,843 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Default In search of the perfect percale sheet < $200 a set

I hate sateen sheets, I would rather sleep on the floor than in a bed with them, I hate flannel, satin, polyester, poly blends. I want crisp, cool percale or pima cotton sheets (king size). I've read every single review and it appears that Thomas Lee wins hands down but I am not going to spent $300 for a set of sheets. My last decent set of percale sheets was from BB&B, but after 4 or 5 years one sheet tore and the other developed holes. My remaining set is almost too small for the bed and the pillowcases are too tight for the pillows. I read a number of posts here where people recommended LL Bean, but I'm wondering if they have gone down in quality recently because there are a number of negative reviews. 280-Thread-Count Pima Cotton Percale Sheet, Fitted | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

Have any of you gotten sheets from West Elm? Organic Cotton Frayed-Edge Sheet Set | west elm If so, are the pillowcases roomy enough for thick down pillows?

Old 11-03-2015, 08:57 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,629,585 times
I love the Egyptian cotton and they are not very expensive. Have one set for 8 years now and they still look like new.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
I love the Egyptian cotton and they are not very expensive. Have one set for 8 years now and they still look like new.
Thanks! do you have any particular brand that you like?

Old 11-03-2015, 12:28 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,629,585 times
Default Egyptian Cotton Sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Thanks! do you have any particular brand that you like?
The set I have has the brand "Canopy" made in India. I can't recall if I got them at Wal-Mart or Anna's Linens. They are 100% cotton.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Sign up with Bed Bath & Beyond, Belk, Macys, Overstock, Amazon, Kohls, ... Keep an eye on sales or at least read your email.
I do that regularly but I can't find good percale or pima cotton sheets. It's not that I haven't looked. I don't want sateen, or high thread count (which is sort of deceptive because it really involves using several strands of thread where one thicker strand would normally be used) I like crisp, cool sheets. I'm fussy as heck about sheets lol or I would have bought a new set a month ago when I first started looking.

JC Penney used to have really GOOD percale sheets, they no longer sell them, Macy's doesn't have any and Kohl's doesn't it seems that what I like is not very popular and most people like sateen heavy sheets.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
The set I have has the brand "Canopy" made in India. I can't recall if I got them at Wal-Mart or Anna's Linens. They are 100% cotton.
Anna's Linens had a store about a mile from me but it went out of business, I will try Walmart, thanks!

Old 11-03-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmiller9 View Post
I also like Ross, but the lower thread count are a better buy. Try buying white ones, then run them through a couple wash cycles with bleach before using them. That will soften them and they will last much longer than the higher thread count sheets.
I will check Ross, last time I looked they didn't have much. But I agree about lower thread count, the higher thread count business is sort of deceptive here's a good article the thread count in sheets CONFUSED ABOUT EGYPTIAN COTTON SHEETS THREAD COUNT&PLY? | eBay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living