Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 08:04 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times

Advertisements

How does someone know where you bought your shoes?

If they are aware that your shoes came from, say, Payless Shoe Stores, then it's probably because they shop there too. If they notice someone is wearing something "cheap" they are revealing something about themselves in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 08:52 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
the other day my wife claimed that she sometimes buys me more expensive shoes and then doesnt let me know that they are more expensive. i dont know. i know my sunglasses cost about 75 cents a piece because i buy those. i dont participate in the purchase of any of my clothing. my wife buys it, makes me try it on at home. i refuse to go clothes shopping for myself. i also dont really care what she buys as long as it isnt uncomfortable.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:02 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
I often wear my 99c flip flop. Unless I go for a walk.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,588 posts, read 17,927,273 times
This thread seems to have two distinctly separate discussions.

If you don't wear name brand shoes that people can tell you paid a lot for, you look poor.

Secondly, the other conversation is you need to have well-constructed shoes for support, and they need to fit correctly.

I can tell you, you can buy VERY expensive women's shoes that will wreck your foot and back.

Case in point:

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/chris...QaArm4EALw_wcB

Old 12-17-2018, 09:24 AM

561 posts, read 323,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

If you don't wear name brand shoes that people can tell you paid a lot for, you look poor.

Secondly, the other conversation is you need to have well-constructed shoes for support, and they need to fit correctly.

I can tell you, you can buy VERY expensive women's shoes that will wreck your foot and back.

Case in point:

Exactly! Price and brand often has nothing to do with actual quality.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:38 AM

265 posts, read 155,484 times
How do you know what the quality is? And I am not saying you have to go buy a pair of 200 dollar Jordans.

Cheap shoes look cheap. THey could be comfortable but, it should be obvious you are wearing fake leather rubber soled shoes.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:00 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Shoes??

What kind of man cares about or even notices what sort of shoes another man is wearing?

I feel like that's a deep character flaw. And I WANT to offend people like that with my dirty, cheap shoes.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:25 AM

265 posts, read 155,484 times
Who says I noticed your shoes. I'm talking about mine. And sorry you go feel like a success with your cheap drty shoes. I want mine clean and decent quality. This doesn't make you a better person. Just slovenly w/o pride

Old 12-18-2018, 08:32 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Case in point:

i may have already mentioned that my wife has a lot of expensive shoes and most of them dont seem to be doing anything good for her feet. that is why earlier i asked people who claimed that they buy more expensive shoes for the benefit of their feet which specific features should i look for in a quality shoe. i dont believe i got an answer on that yet.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 12-18-2018 at 09:24 AM..

Old 12-18-2018, 09:14 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i may have already mentioned that my wife has a lot of expensive shoes and most of them dont seem to be doing anything good for her fit. that is why earlier i asked people who claimed that they buy more expensive shoes for the benefit of their feet which specific features should i look for in a quality shoe. i dont believe i got an answer on that yet.
Yeah, for women's shoes that will not be harmful to the feet:

Flat heels. Enough room for the toes. Flat heels. Supportive arch area. Flat heels. Wide enough not to squeeze the foot transversely. Flat heels. The ball of the foot should coincide with where the shoe bends. Flat heels.

Any questions?

If you don't believe me ask a podiatrist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living