U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:01 PM

3,763 posts, read 11,318,248 times

Advertisements

My clematis have buds .... and my butterfly magnolia and viburnum (juddi) should bloom any day... but my Iris are still merely a clump of very beautiful green foliage.

Wow! I thought Cinci had an early season -- you have me beat by at least a month LilyLady. And that Iris is a stunner!!

Yay! Spring!! Woodpeckers at the feeder, purple martins swooping low over the lawn, robins so fat you can't picture them actually flying!!!!

Hoooray!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 PM

1,064 posts, read 3,369,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
My clematis have buds .... and my butterfly magnolia and viburnum (juddi) should bloom any day... but my Iris are still merely a clump of very beautiful green foliage.

Wow! I thought Cinci had an early season -- you have me beat by at least a month LilyLady. And that Iris is a stunner!!

Yay! Spring!! Woodpeckers at the feeder, purple martins swooping low over the lawn, robins so fat you can't picture them actually flying!!!!

Hoooray!!!
Lucky you! I planted 2 clematis in the roots stage and that was about 45 days ago and nothing has come up. I wonder if they ever will and I should just try something else or be patient.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:50 PM

1,725 posts, read 5,936,343 times
Well, looks like I've lost a very special variety of black eyed susan and a purple coneflower this past winter. Anyone else lose anything?
Attached Thumbnails
Spring Fever 2011!!-purple-coneflower.jpg  

Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,072,311 times
Default Well, for crying out loud....

It snowed most of the weekend. My yard is now buried under this white icky crap again. I still have to build my veggie garden before I can think of planting the darn things. Pete's sakes.....Where's my hair dryer? I'm sure I have an extension cord that will reach all the gardens.....grr

Old 04-18-2011, 08:38 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,121,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
My irises bloomed this morning. I got down on my knees so I could take a picture straight on and this is what came out... MY IRIS HAS A FACE!

My husband says it looks like a lamb. I don't know what I think it looks like - other than weird!
I believe that is probably the dwarf bearded iris, as they bloom about a month before the tall variety, with an intermediate variety blooming between the two.

Central Maryland is definately at the peak of spring flowering, with the later daffodils in full bloom, midseason tulips now blooming, some Bradford Pears and Forsythia finishing up, but yesterday I saw the first dogwood starting to bloom (though many haven't started yet), the late-season cherry blossoms (Kwanzaans especially) coming into bloom with azaleas and lilacs coming soon. This is an interesting time of year as northern states are just getting into spring bulbs and the deep south is starting to transition into summer. I'd say here blooming is about "normal" in terms of schedule this year. Overall the trees generally show small leaves and are in the process of leafing out here. (Last year was unusually early; I saw a rose blooming at the end of April!) It shows that spring is a fairly brief but exciting season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden