Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:47 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,404,704 times

Advertisements

The deck and gazebo at our new house was termite infested, rotting and in danger of coming down on its own. It only took 3 weekends and 203 pieces of new sod to make our yard more dog friendly and ready for BBQs.

It was a lot of work but I think the yard looks so much better!

Now.....on to the mess that is our front yard!
Attached Thumbnails
Weekend warrior project...Complete!-deck.jpg   Weekend warrior project...Complete!-without-deck.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times
Good for you! That is a LOT of work but boy does your backyard look gorgeous! Way to go!!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:13 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
looks lovely, realy opens up the yard and makes it look bigger!

Old 05-16-2011, 05:18 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times
I'm impressed! BTW I love the kidney shaped pool.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Good for you! That is a LOT of work but boy does your backyard look gorgeous! Way to go!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
looks lovely, realy opens up the yard and makes it look bigger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I'm impressed! BTW I love the kidney shaped pool.
Thanks y'all. We are really happy with the results! Now...we can concentrate on the area the whole neighborhood sees...the weed choked, overgrown, unmaintained for years, front beds!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,159,672 times
What a difference!
Does your dog go in the pool?

Old 05-17-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
What a difference!
Does your dog go in the pool?
Two of our three dogs love to swim every chance they get! However, our hound won't go in voluntarily. To her water is for drinking. She will slink up and peer over the edge but nothing short of force would get her to even put a toe in it. Our Chessie and our Lab on the other hand will just sit on the side and stare down at it for hours until I tell them its ok. They would swim all day if I let them!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Great Job!!!!

Time for Drinks!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:42 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,159,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Two of our three dogs love to swim every chance they get! However, our hound won't go in voluntarily. To her water is for drinking. She will slink up and peer over the edge but nothing short of force would get her to even put a toe in it. Our Chessie and our Lab on the other hand will just sit on the side and stare down at it for hours until I tell them its ok. They would swim all day if I let them!
I had a pool at a previous house, two of my three dogs loved it too.

I don't have a pool currently but you have reminded me it's time to get one of those plastic wading pools for the dogs. The Rottweiler and the Lab adore water, the little terrier mix hates it...luckily I live near lakes so the mad swimming dogs can get their ya-yas out chasing sticks!

The plastic pool doesn't do much for yard aesthetics but the dogs like splashing in it.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I had a pool at a previous house, two of my three dogs loved it too.

I don't have a pool currently but you have reminded me it's time to get one of those plastic wading pools for the dogs. The Rottweiler and the Lab adore water, the little terrier mix hates it...luckily I live near lakes so the mad swimming dogs can get their ya-yas out chasing sticks!

The plastic pool doesn't do much for yard aesthetics but the dogs like splashing in it.
Yes - I miss Michigan and being able to reach a large body of water in less than 20 minutes from anywhere in the state. I was raised outside Detroit and lived there for a lot of my early childhood. Down here, if there is fresh water...there is probably a resident gator living in it. Its just not comforting to throw a chew toy into the water and worry about your dog becoming the chew toy! A pool is a poor replacement for the Great Lakes but it keeps the summer bearable for us and keep the pups happy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden