Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times

Advertisements

is a water gun ok.... Ive had expensive plants ruined by cats peein on them or in ma back garden.. I have grandkids who play there and its not on.. and it smells..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 08:39 AM

242 posts, read 465,455 times
Any good cat repellents?

I use the three German shepherd method. not really, I feed a group of feral cats and a family of foxes. this way, I have them hunting in my garden, I lose nothing to rabbits, squirrels,moles, mice, rats, etc.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,637 times
RUE is the best cat repellant in plant form you can get. Just plant a few here and there where needed.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:53 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,756,686 times
Alf

Old 09-20-2012, 09:43 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,663,818 times
Our neighbor's cat will sneak into our garage and spray if our door is open for more than few moments. The neighbor's IQ is too low to understand that we live in condo community he shouldn't allow his males to roam so they, in his words, don't spray his condo. So, the guys solution is that we not use our garage, or build a platform so it will be easy for us to clean up after his animials, or put a screen over our door if we must have it open (HOA violation). Okay, can't increase the IQ problem, and placing things around the yard isn't an option in a condo complex, so any other ideas? I suspect they are trying to send a message to our indoor male cat but we shouldn't have to alter our garage or get rid of our indoor cat for him.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:54 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I have a similar problem.

Having said that, I call BS on your story about the cat poo in your garden.

I have a neighbor that lets his cat (young cat) outside, and he poops in the large flowerpots that I grow tomatoes in. I have other neighbors that let their cats outside, and they never get into my plants, nor do the stray cats. Only this one cat! And I've seen him in there. I talked to his owner, and he said, " Well, I don't know what to tell you, he's strictly a litter box cat!" I said, "Yes, inside, but not outside," and just then the cat climbed into a pot.

I'm going to get some chicken wire to keep him out!
Last night, my neighbor was outside drinking beer with friends, and his cat came outside and made a beeline for my flowerpots. The first thing he tried to crap in was a box of succulents that I've been separating, when I kicked him out of there, he immediately got into the large flowerpot next to my front door that used to hold a tomato plant. He started squatting, I yelled, "no" at him, and it didn't work. I then grabbed him by the nape of his neck, and threw him across the yard. As he was being thrown across the yard, he kept crapping.

My neighbor just laughed, and said, "Dale doesn't care." I told him to be a responsible pet owner.

My cat used to be an outside cat until he adopted me, and he never did that. I feed the stray cats, and they don't do that. So it's either chicken wire or spirit the cat away. Oh, and he's not neutered yet either, his owner doesn't see the need to do it.

I'm now going to check the Home Depot website for wire to see what I can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden