Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 03:06 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times

Advertisements

The hubs is out with the tractor as we speak, breaking ground on a new garden plot, we are just going to plant it with field peas this fall to get some nitrogen in the soil, come spring, I'm thinking a big corn patch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 04:59 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,390,574 times
Well, I looked at the drizzle, and then I put the remaining ferns out to get a little moisture. Sigh. Perhaps I can finish planting them tomorrow.

On the bright side, my lettuces and cabbage sprouted! I just need to figure out how to set the trap for the rabbit. It is one of those no-kill traps. Of course I went to the native plant sale today! Ugh I have no self control and a gigantic yard! I got a couple native trees for the other side of the property. UGH people NO self control. LOL I also got some berry bushes AND the virginia rose I have been DYING to get.

Ugh I need gardening friends. My neighborhood doesn't seem to have a gardening club, sooo...tempted to start. I got Korean takeout and am watching my current K-Drama whilst eating it. I put steak in my kimchi-chigae. Noice. I broke my diet seriously, and I also got a big slice of german chocolate cheescake. I wont eat all of it, but it probably has hmmm 2 days worth of calories...

So gardening guys and gals, I hope you guys have a lovely weekend. Kshegirl you are a yummy person. Decorating and gardening? Two things that make living beautiful.

Here's to everyone's having a lovely weekend full of a lot of happiness.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Well, I looked at the drizzle, and then I put the remaining ferns out to get a little moisture. Sigh. Perhaps I can finish planting them tomorrow.

On the bright side, my lettuces and cabbage sprouted! I just need to figure out how to set the trap for the rabbit. It is one of those no-kill traps. Of course I went to the native plant sale today! Ugh I have no self control and a gigantic yard! I got a couple native trees for the other side of the property. UGH people NO self control. LOL I also got some berry bushes AND the virginia rose I have been DYING to get.

Ugh I need gardening friends. My neighborhood doesn't seem to have a gardening club, sooo...tempted to start. I got Korean takeout and am watching my current K-Drama whilst eating it. I put steak in my kimchi-chigae. Noice. I broke my diet seriously, and I also got a big slice of german chocolate cheescake. I wont eat all of it, but it probably has hmmm 2 days worth of calories...

So gardening guys and gals, I hope you guys have a lovely weekend. Kshegirl you are a yummy person. Decorating and gardening? Two things that make living beautiful.

Here's to everyone's having a lovely weekend full of a lot of happiness.
Lol, I cook, too!
Using a no-kill trap is pretty easy, the thing you have to do is just bait it correctly, and then check it frequently.
Where are you gonna rehome the bunny?

Old 09-17-2011, 06:01 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,390,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lol, I cook, too!
Using a no-kill trap is pretty easy, the thing you have to do is just bait it correctly, and then check it frequently.
Where are you gonna rehome the bunny?
Someplace far away. I put tomatoes in it...I wasn't sure what to bait it with. It seems to like carolina phlox and baby blueberries. Sob but it's eaten those almost to nubs, so there's not much to put in the trap. You're right it was pretty easy to set. *fingers crossed*

Old 09-17-2011, 06:28 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,854,040 times
What did you do in your garden today?
\
Not much to do, still waiting for my neighbor to come over and till it all under. Then wait for spring and start the process all over again. My wife did present me with three Crepe Myrtles' to plant.

Thrill of all thrills, next week I get to donate blood again, B+, I've been doing this, somewhat regularly, since 1967

Old 09-17-2011, 07:05 PM

885 posts, read 1,521,077 times
Pulled out a few weeds & twisted the dried helenium stalks then bent heads down.

Pulled maple leaves out of my 'lady in black' aster.

^ Does anyone have this plant? I am completely smitten! Mine is 2 yrs old.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:59 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,399,426 times

We did a happy dance in the rain. Whoo Whoo!!!!!

It finally rained today in Houston!

Oh.....and we also weeded the front beds

Old 09-18-2011, 12:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post

We did a happy dance in the rain. Whoo Whoo!!!!!

It finally rained today in Houston!

Oh.....and we also weeded the front beds
good for you guys, I know how much you need the rain. We have had solid rain, sometimes really heavy for a couple of days.

About an hour ago we had a break so I checked the okra. Sure enough 12 more, but I think we will be lucky to get one more bunch. I pulled the pepper plants out and one tomato plant. I do have lots of fair sized grape tomatoes, very green though. I will watch and see what happenes to them in a week or so.

NIta

Old 09-18-2011, 01:07 PM

983 posts, read 2,540,534 times
I went out and bought a bag of bulb variety from Sam's, it's my first try so I am really excited about this. I have a big pot that I will put them in then cover it with some fall blooms, this I think will be my project for the week. Question, do I still water them in the winter?

Everything is very green out in my yard, can't get myself to pull out anything yet. I am attached to my plants I guess .

Old 09-18-2011, 01:45 PM

Transplanted a dozen yellow pear tomatoes, a dozen grape tomatoes, and 2 dozen romas.
Its very dry here, which is unusual for this time of year, looks like I am going to be doing a lot of drip irrigation this fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden