Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:31 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,726,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Get out much?

How about if I tell you that many houses have a flamethrower in the basement? That is what a furnace is.
Other people burn logs in their living rooms. It is called a "fireplace."

apples to oranges, wise guy !

A furnace and fireplace both have something called a chimney.

Ever see any of them ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 12:15 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,052,152 times
Hey, wise guy, ever see these that are made specifically for use on a wood deck?

http://www.thefirepitshop.co.uk/images/105.jpg

Old 10-07-2013, 07:36 AM

452 posts, read 707,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin5 View Post
We have a fire pit on our wood deck. I realized that this can be dangerous but it is really the only place we have to put it. We've used it once and it was great, we plan to use it more in the future of course we will closely watch it for any stray embers. What is the best thing to put under it to help protect the deck and make it safer? I've seen grill mats but am not sure they would be fire resistant enough, I also saw where people have used tile underneath the pit.
Any suggestions?
We used pavers. They're thick, they keep the deck nice, they can be sealed to retain color and moved when you want to move them. Once my neighbors saw it, they went and got pavers and did the same.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:06 PM

51 posts, read 136,814 times
These seem to work on a wooden patio without anything under it...it is propane. I don't think I would do this with a fire pit that burned wood though. KingFirePits.com | For Unique And Upscale Fire Pits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden