U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:24 AM

1,463 posts, read 2,847,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Is there something I can add to the vinegar to increase its effectiveness in killing weeds? I'd rather not use Roundup or any other product by Monsanto the criminal liars.
To the Vinegar add cup of salt and heat it up then add a tablespoon of liquid dish soap, heat it up on the stove. Cool it down some then add to a spray bottle but be careful what you spray cuz this will kill everything in site! Make sure you are not using apple cider vinegar, has to be the distilled vinegar. Hope this works for you, my husband swears by it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 AM

1,550 posts, read 3,165,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
To the Vinegar add cup of salt and heat it up then add a tablespoon of liquid dish soap, heat it up on the stove. Cool it down some then add to a spray bottle but be careful what you spray cuz this will kill everything in site! Make sure you are not using apple cider vinegar, has to be the distilled vinegar. Hope this works for you, my husband swears by it!
Good suggestion.. I'll add the salt to the vinegar and I already have a herbicidal soap in the garage I haven't used in awhile

Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM

7,100 posts, read 24,950,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Thanks...that would be good advice if they didn't grow back in just a few weeks, and to do the whole yards takes 8 hours.
In a few weeks? you are lucky. Weeding is a lot more often than in "just a few weeks." Try to pull a few on a daily basis. Gardening is daily.

Some weeds will have already gone to seed and re-seeded the ground in just a few weeks.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:35 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,937,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtom45 View Post
Or maybe its because I've had pesticide certification since the mid 70's and obviously know a whole bunch more about the subject than you do.
That makes me think that you do have a dog in this hunt.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM

472 posts, read 495,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
How bout the arsinic they put in our water supplies, and yet, say it's not toxic....????? Our town borough admitted putting it in, but claimed it is not harmful??????

Years ago, they told you not to stand in front of a microwave, but people do. They also proved that cancer came to families who lived in homes around electrical wires?

So do you honestly believe, that spraying a little bit of weed killer around your home is going to change things.

For years, they've been terrorizing human beings about smoking, and 2nd hand smoke, yet, there are less people in the U.S. smoking then ever before????? Yet, they blame all the cancers on smoking and even print those really disgusting adds about smoking...yet, say nothing about all the garbage dumps (land fills) like in Pottstown PA where people are seriously ill and getting all kinds of nasty diseases over there?
Wow, you seem confused!

Old 06-12-2013, 06:35 PM

3,339 posts, read 7,897,426 times
Wow, I am so glad I didn't see this thread a month ago or I might have had time to jump in. I have never seen such a load of stupid advice in my life. Some of you will believe anything and then spew it forth as if it's gospel. What a load of utter B.S.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 PM

3,685 posts, read 6,203,798 times
Can I use Epsom Salt? I have a ton of that

Old 06-14-2013, 10:58 AM

36,499 posts, read 45,519,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
to soak tired feet!
Epson salt is used as a soil amendment sometimes.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 AM

3,339 posts, read 7,897,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Don't even use regular table salt. It's horrible for use in the garden. It kills, it burns, it persists in the soil (infintely longer than Roundup ever would).

Epsom salt is magnesium, which is an essential micronutrient -- emphasis on "micro". Some people add it to the soil to improve calcium uptake for tomatoes, and for cane development on roses. A little goes a long way. Never add too much of anything, never ever use salt in the garden, and if you don't know how much to add, don't use it at all.

Again, much of the advice in this thread is more dangerous than DDT.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:18 PM

39,117 posts, read 48,084,457 times
If vinegar worked, the "criminal liars" would be out of business. There is a place for carefully applied chemicals. Ask the people who live with famine, since DDT was taken away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden