Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:48 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post

How do YOU avoid farmer's tan?
What I suggested.

Actually, as a man having a farmer's tan doesn't bother me. Especially since I spent much of my youth on a farm until my dad died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 09:47 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Lol, I just put sunblock on my face, and throw on a swimsuit.
When I've had enough sun, I put sunblock on the rest of my body.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:38 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe take a vacation from posting until you can discern the difference?
That second quote was taken from a completely different forum. One, I might add, in which troll posts are frequently posted. This has nothing to do with the topic on this thread, though. Stick to topic.

Have any of the suggestions here been helpful, OP?

Old 05-24-2012, 04:42 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,690 times
who cares I mean a farmers tan means you are a worker

Old 05-25-2012, 12:42 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Arms/legs half white, half brown; tank-top lines; white legs, roofer-brown face.

How do you avoid this sun-marking, when consumed with a gardening fever?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Do your gardening nekkid. Most obvious solution.
This! ^^^

Naw, J/K! (I wish I wasn't though, but stupid laws and all....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lol, I just put sunblock on my face, and throw on a swimsuit.
When I've had enough sun, I put sunblock on the rest of my body.
Same here, I live in a bikini during the summer, except when I am dealing with stuff like removing english ivy, or trimming rosebushes, or dealing with poisonous plants (like poison ivy or oak or sumac), then it's scrubs, but otherwise, cut off shorts and a bikini top.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:41 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
This! ^^^

Naw, J/K! (I wish I wasn't though, but stupid laws and all....)

Same here, I live in a bikini during the summer, except when I am dealing with stuff like removing english ivy, or trimming rosebushes, or dealing with poisonous plants (like poison ivy or oak or sumac), then it's scrubs, but otherwise, cut off shorts and a bikini top.

I do most of my most time consuming garden work in the early morning before the sun is at its peak. My summer "uniform" is a bathing suit or halter top and shorts, too. I work for a school district, and I'm home in the early afternoon and off the whole summer, so there's no need to get dressed in more than that most days. In the summer, I garden, swim, and then work some more in the garden. I use sun screen, but still achieve a really good tan. I've got one already, and it's not even June yet.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:24 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I do most of my most time consuming garden work in the early morning before the sun is at its peak. My summer "uniform" is a bathing suit or halter top and shorts, too. I work for a school district, and I'm home in the early afternoon and off the whole summer, so there's no need to get dressed in more than that most days. In the summer, I garden, swim, and then work some more in the garden. I use sun screen, but still achieve a really good tan. I've got one already, and it's not even June yet.
No joke right? We are in a severe drought warning for this whole part of the state due to the combo of no rain and abnormal heat for this time of year.

Poor hubby has a sunburn on his head due to the weather this year so far, lol!

Lately, I have been doing a good chunk of the gardening in the evening when it's cooler and it's actually pretty nice outside.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
I used to have this really great long sleeve white shirt which was kind of mesh to allow breeze in but enough to keep sun out. Can't find it since we moved.
I usually don't mind a farmers tan. I try to protect my face, neck and hands with sun block but I've never put anything on my legs except if actually sitting in the sun. Who can garden in the bright sun and heat anymore anyway?

Old 05-25-2012, 03:23 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe take a vacation from posting until you can discern the difference?
Impossible to do on this forum, where the trolls are allowed to roam free, and troll posts are the norm.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:38 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Impossible to do on this forum, where the trolls are allowed to roam free, and troll posts are the norm.
I just recently noticed your new name and boy, you are a speedy poster! CDs post-reputation count and the time served could give you an idea about troll or no troll. Besides, any question that seems outlandish to you, may have validity for the poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden