Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 06:50 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,383,195 times

Advertisements

O.K., bad scan but best I could do Around one side of the stem end is a kinda wrinkled look but it has the same firmness of the rest of the fruit. Another was that way and I sliced it and ate it and there was nothing different about the inside. Our heat has been a this year and has affected the vines and fruit, but not this way. This is new.
Attached Thumbnails
What's wrong with this tomato?-img.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 06:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
O.K., bad scan but best I could do Around one side of the stem end is a kinda wrinkled look but it has the same firmness of the rest of the fruit. Another was that way and I sliced it and ate it and there was nothing different about the inside. Our heat has been a this year and has affected the vines and fruit, but not this way. This is new.
It doesn't look like there is anything really wrong, maybe our heat has caused some minor problems. I had a lot that had,what appeared to be a bad spot on the bottom (especially my romas) apparently it is something that really won't hurt them either, they just won't win a ribbon in the county fair.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:32 PM

242 posts, read 465,737 times
My tomatos this year are positively HUGE, I can easily get three sandwiches out of each tomato, each slice is about 3/4 of an inch.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreison Rhodes View Post
My tomatos this year are positively HUGE, I can easily get three sandwiches out of each tomato, each slice is about 3/4 of an inch.
sizewise, mine are all over the place: my one type of grape tomatoes, I guess suffered from the heat big time cause they are no bigger and I am serious that my thumb nail, but my chocolate grape tomatoes are normal size, the romas are tiny, the yellows very small and some of the reds are little, but we have some that are huge...It appears, because we have had to hand water so much, the part of the garden that got more water is the side that is producing. The other side didn't get enough. We didn't realize this until last week, now it might be a little to late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden