Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

Today is my birthday and I am wishing for a deer fence!

Many years ago DH surprised me with my very own Troybuilt Rototiller with a big bow on top PLUS a huge truck full of composted manure!! I was absolutely delighted and never would have bought those things for myself.

So I'm wondering what Gardening related wish you have for your birthday?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,420,743 times
This is easy. A gift card at a local garden center. It doesn't have to be much . . . just enough where I can buy something I would normally pass up. I might even combine it with some other money to get a piece of statuary or some tool that I have been doing without.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
If you are looking for an inexpensive garden tool that is a hand saver google WEDGIE.biz I saw it in BH&G and ordered it a few years ago and all of my friends now have one. If you can imagine a triangular wedge of cheese with a tennis ball on top of it. You use it to dig holes to plant. I can tell you particularly if you have carpal tunnel or arthritis what a life saver it is. I am not related in any manner to these folks just a big fan.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:28 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
I'd just say a gift card...so I could buy what I wanted.
If they're free I'd take about a dozen 10-12 inch pots for indoor plants.
I don't really NEED anything right now.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,382,198 times
More Rain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
Hmmm...some help digging in some more new flower beds and mulching them in. I bought 175 more bulbs today, and last week we got about 60 iris bulbs that need to be planted. I absolutely LOVE to dig in the ground and plant, but the older I get, it is really hard getting up and down, and carrying/lifting heavy stuff. I have a game plan in my head, just can't get it incorporated into the yard just yet....you are the first woman I ever heard who got a load of crap for her birthday and was happy about it!!! Love it!!!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:13 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Today is my birthday and I am wishing for a deer fence!

Many years ago DH surprised me with my very own Troybuilt Rototiller with a big bow on top PLUS a huge truck full of composted manure!! I was absolutely delighted and never would have bought those things for myself.

So I'm wondering what Gardening related wish you have for your birthday?
Hahaha - a truckload of manure and a tiller, and you're thrilled. That's my kinda woman!

I'd go for a custom chicken coop for our back yard. I'll be building one this winter, but I would just as soon have it given to me.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 PM

232 posts, read 1,654,198 times
I would absolutely love to be gifted a chicken coop! That would be really cool (and really unlikely in our current rental home!). Let's see... I can not actually think of any supplies I would want off of the top of my head, but I'd love to have all of the digging/turning the soil/etc done for me. So I can get in there and play with the dirt without having to break my back trying to get an area cleared!

Oh, maybe some 2x4s so I could make some nice, neat, pretty plots, with enough space to be able to walk/kneel among the plots.

Hmmm, maybe a big bin so I could grow potatoes at waist height.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:44 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,420,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
If you are looking for an inexpensive garden tool that is a hand saver google WEDGIE.biz I saw it in BH&G and ordered it a few years ago and all of my friends now have one. If you can imagine a triangular wedge of cheese with a tennis ball on top of it. You use it to dig holes to plant. I can tell you particularly if you have carpal tunnel or arthritis what a life saver it is. I am not related in any manner to these folks just a big fan.
Thank you!I have had a go around with carpal tunnel and don't want that flaring up again! I will check this out.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:23 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
My husband built and planted a raised asparagus bed for me as a Christmas present. He actually did it before Christmas, but I asked for it as a gift so I wouldn't have to nag him to do it.

The next year I asked for a raised bed with a wall made of stone pavers along our front porch. This is how it looked last year.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden