Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 06:13 AM

44 posts, read 80,991 times

Advertisements

Hi, can anyone please help me identify these cuties.

1. I believe that this is a Polka Dot Plant / Freckle Face, however this should be pink.
can someone confirm if this is really a polka dot plant? How to make the leaves pink?
Btw, I acquired this from someone but theirs were pink.

4. Is this corazon de maria?

Thank you!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Pls Identify :)-0plant.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,347,143 times
You can't make the leaves pink because #1 is a Pothos, a very common and indestructible houseplant.

#4 is Caladium.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
You can't make the leaves pink because #1 is a Pothos, a very common and indestructible houseplant.

#4 is Caladium.
Thank you for your reply.
For real t is pothos?? This is sad. I really thought it was polka

Old 04-27-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKCANDY View Post
Thank you for your reply.
For real t is pothos?? This is sad. I really thought it was polka
For real. Pothos Plant Care

Still, it's a beautiful plant. By the way, "polka dot plant" (Hypoestes) isn't just pink. There are green and white varieties too.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:41 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
#1 is not a pothos. Pothos is a vining plant, not an upright plant, and it doesn't have serrated leaf edges like the plant in the photo.

#3 looks like lantana.

#4 is caladium.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 AM

6,966 posts, read 4,809,652 times
I agree, #1 doesn't look like a pothos to me either. Familiar to me, but not pothos. I googled polka dot/freckle face, and it doesn't look like that, either.

#3, lantana

#4, caladium

#2, almost looks like purple basil

Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 AM

I stand corrected! I did not see the serrations on those leaves! I agree about the lantana, though I also had a close look and wonderred if that might be a verbena over on the right in that photo.

#2 -- basil? Looks similar, but I'm not sure.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
#2 looks like thai basil

Old 04-27-2013, 12:46 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,777,312 times
1.) Noni (in a variegated form) most likely Morinda citrifolia cv. 'Potteri' Seen here: The Noni Website - Botany or here: Noni Pictures

2.) Joseph'e Coat is the common name for it. Alternanthera dentata

3.) Yellow and white lantana there are several similar cultivars like the ones seen here: Lantana camara Bandana® Lemon Zest from Saunders Brothers Inc

4.) a classic caladium that could be one of several pink leaf varieties: Pink Splash Caladiums - get information about this variety and purchase bulbs online

Old 04-27-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
#1 is not a pothos. Pothos is a vining plant, not an upright plant, and it doesn't have serrated leaf edges like the plant in the photo.

#3 looks like lantana.

#4 is caladium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I agree, #1 doesn't look like a pothos to me either. Familiar to me, but not pothos. I googled polka dot/freckle face, and it doesn't look like that, either.

#3, lantana

#4, caladium

#2, almost looks like purple basil
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
#2 looks like thai basil
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Em View Post
1.) Noni (in a variegated form) most likely Morinda citrifolia cv. 'Potteri' Seen here: The Noni Website - Botany or here: Noni Pictures

2.) Joseph'e Coat is the common name for it. Alternanthera dentata

3.) Yellow and white lantana there are several similar cultivars like the ones seen here: Lantana camara Bandana® Lemon Zest from Saunders Brothers Inc

4.) a classic caladium that could be one of several pink leaf varieties: Pink Splash Caladiums - get information about this variety and purchase bulbs online
Thank you very much for your input guys. Truly appreciate it

J$Em, i think you are correct. It is an alternanthera. I will check thos links and google about the basil, potho, and lantana. I need a sleep now. Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden