Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 473 times

Advertisements

I just spread 12 yards of mulch by myself for a guy for $425. I started at 6:30am and finished at about 9:00pm and took a 30 minute lunch break. I charged him lump sum. His beds were full of plants to work around carefully. I used 1 regular sized wheel barrow and a pitch fork. Also i cut in his bed edges and string trimed them to perfection and backpack blew everything so you never even knew i was there. It was 85 degrees all day sun no clouds too. Im 26. I wouldnt spread no mulch for $10 an hour i can tell you that. Unless all you wanted me to do was just dump the mulch in a pile in your beds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 01:28 PM

1,557 posts, read 1,047,879 times
I just recently paid close to $1000 to have 9 cubic yards of mulch spread and the beds edged. This is about what others in my area have paid. (small town, not expensive area)

It took two guys two full days to do the job.

I added on an $85 tip as it was a lot of work that I didn't want to do myself.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:21 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
We buy 'tailings' from the local peat moss bog. They screen the peat moss and make topping material for the golf courses around the northeastern US. They add sand and lime to the peat moss and some of that is in the tailing (what gets screened out of the topping material) that we buy. They charge us $15/yard for the material loaded in the back of our pickup truck (I get on just about 3 yards on our Silverado 2500). Since it is our truck I can pull close to where I want this material thrown and it usually only takes me (at 69 years old) two to three hours with a coal shovel.

This mixture keeps the weeds down and the weeds that do come up are very easy to rake out when the material is relatively new (just a few years old). We have used this for many years around the house and our shrubs. It is dark brown to almost black in color. Of course not too many people have operating peat moss bogs close to their houses, but if you do; you might want to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden