Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,545,961 times

Advertisements

Hmmm.....I'm gonna say Morning Glory for $200, Alex.

Looking at the actual blooms, it looks like there is a white "thoat" if you will, and the leaves are heart shaped like Morning Glories. I've had the purple clematis before, and the leaves are split and have several petals, not one bloom like this. I would agree there are more than one - but where I live (zone 5) they aren't perennial. Grown from seed - and planted in the spring. They are spectacular, though.

Did I win anything???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 12:56 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,776,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
If you drop the photo into google images, you get the original blog right away! No need for discussion in this case.
please tell me how you do this. never knew something like this was possible. it surely would make my life easier.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Hmmm.....I'm gonna say Morning Glory for $200, Alex.

Looking at the actual blooms, it looks like there is a white "thoat" if you will, and the leaves are heart shaped like Morning Glories. I've had the purple clematis before, and the leaves are split and have several petals, not one bloom like this. I would agree there are more than one - but where I live (zone 5) they aren't perennial. Grown from seed - and planted in the spring. They are spectacular, though.

Did I win anything???
no - not one cent. if you look at the site linked you will see the exact same photo when author talks about pruning clematis. frankly I never ever thought about pruning clematis- not sure why I didn't. if mine end up looking like this the mail man will put a hit out for me I'm sure!

Old 07-23-2013, 12:59 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
please tell me how you do this. never knew something like this was possible. it surely would make my life easier.
Right click the photo.

Click on properties.

Copy the URL address .

Paste web addess into google or bing images search bar, hit send/enter.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:05 PM

22,242 posts, read 47,165,320 times
Quote:
I open google images, and simply drag the photo into the search box.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:02 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I open google images, and simply drag the photo into the search box.

Showoff.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,545,961 times
Quote:
no - not one cent. if you look at the site linked you will see the exact same photo when author talks about pruning clematis. frankly I never ever thought about pruning clematis- not sure why I didn't. if mine end up looking like this the mail man will put a hit out for me I'm sure!

I always prune mine. The first time I did it I almost threw up - I just knew I had killed it. I did it about late Sept. or early October. It was nothing but a couple of sticks when I got done (I was frustrated - another story!!). After the winter - when the spring finally came I was so happy to see new green growth. By April-May it was huge, and beautiful. Bloomed wonderfully. I always thought it had to have "old wood" to grow onto - not true. Here at this house we have a white Sweet Autumn Clematis that is absolutely huge. I cut it off in the spring all the way down. I put a white garden "string type" trellis draped around the light pole it climbs on - and train it up the strings. Right now it is about 3 feet wide and about 5 feet tall. Full and beautiful - and when it blooms it will be spectacular. I'll try and get some pics up. This spring I took pruning shears and simply cut down the middle of the plant, cut through the string trellis thing, and "peeled" if off from around the lamp post and then cut it off from the bottom. The whole thing came off in one big piece (which I put in the mulch pile). The trellis things are dirt cheap - and I already have one bought for next spring!!!! Be not afraid!!!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 02:43 PM

I have a sweet autumn one too which will be gorgeous soon and I cut it back to power clean the railing of the deck where it climbs. very hardy and big bang for the buck.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:42 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,174,145 times
no kudzu if you haven't figured it out yet, here is a screen shot. (whoa that came out large, sorry for the hijack)
After you are in Google click on Images
then drag your image to the box under the name Google
or paste the url in

Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 AM

many thanks. it works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden