Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 863 times

Advertisements

I am looking to grow organic vegetables in my yard this year. Last fall, I planted a cover crop (winter rye grass) but was too late, and the rye seeds never sprouted because it was too cold. Now, as I begin to plant veggies, there is rye grass popping up all over where I want to plant! Will this hinder the growth of my veggies, and if so, what should I do? I know I could till the rye grass into the ground before planting, but would prefer not to as I try to minimize tilling.

And on an entirely separate note, can anyone recommend a good rotating sprinkler that spans at least thirty feet in both directions? Right now I have a Raindance Water Wave Oscillating Dancing Sprinkler, and its a piece of junk.

I'm located in the Rappahannock region of Virginia, if that helps.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 03:03 PM

447 posts, read 1,044,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredv877 View Post
can anyone recommend a good rotating sprinkler that spans at least thirty feet in both directions? Right now I have a Raindance Water Wave Oscillating Dancing Sprinkler, and its a piece of junk.
I don't have one to recommend, however are you planning on using that for your vegetables? Most plants don't like to have their leaves wet...drip irrigation is preferred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden