Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 09:00 PM

77 posts, read 134,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
What's the wood, Baltic Birch?

No, I don't use a PC UPS except for my computer. The laser is in a power conditioner, the air pump and exhaust fan just in the outlets directly. Sometimes I work with odd things like food. Here's something I did for upcoming Halloween.
The wood is "cheap". No idea what it actually is, its the cheapest "nice" plywood that is sold here, the only other 3mm ply I can get is aircraft ply (phenolic glue so does not laser, and is $50 for 1'x3') or luan ply (for which I cannot think of a project i'd stoop to using it for, i wont even use it as spoilboard in my cnc router).

The wood is similar colour to birch, but its not - we dont tend to get such nice woods here - its also extremely resinous when cutting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 11:12 AM

2,497 posts, read 2,058,353 times
Those are so cute. And I love the little tomatoe drawings on the outside...

Old 11-18-2014, 07:09 AM

77 posts, read 134,060 times
I've been giving these pots out for a few weeks now - I have created and planted about 120 of them for over 30 different plant species for friends and family. Some of of the gift recipients have wanted to buy some off me to give as gifts too I've created a Kickstarter project so people who are not local can enjoy them too. I'd really appreciate if people could share the link on social media or perhaps even back the project!

You can find the project on kickstarter here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...and-seed-raisi

They might seem a bit expensive, but unfortunately I lose a little over 80% of the pledged amount to tax, kickstarter fees and shipping (for a US or Canadian backer) But still, I'm having lots of fun making them!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:47 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,661,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issus View Post
I've been giving these pots out for a few weeks now - I have created and planted about 120 of them for over 30 different plant species for friends and family. Some of of the gift recipients have wanted to buy some off me to give as gifts too I've created a Kickstarter project so people who are not local can enjoy them too. I'd really appreciate if people could share the link on social media or perhaps even back the project!

You can find the project on kickstarter here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...and-seed-raisi

They might seem a bit expensive, but unfortunately I lose a little over 80% of the pledged amount to tax, kickstarter fees and shipping (for a US or Canadian backer) But still, I'm having lots of fun making them!
Good for you! I love seeing stuff like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden