U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 09:28 AM

74,138 posts, read 57,529,723 times

Advertisements

Well, it's official.. I been keeping track in the Bunny Thread but figure I post an update here..

Do you see anything? Rabbits Nest?

How about now? Whats that fur inside there?

Here's the answer... Newborn Bunnies. Yes, I covered them back up. And Don't ever touch the nest or the babies with your hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7iSXkYebaU&feature=youtu.be
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 04:42 AM

14,622 posts, read 20,443,004 times
thank you for being so kind to them and hopefully you will see them grow up and hop away LOL...yes I taught my kids that too always wear rubber gloves if you have to touch them that way no human smell on them .

Old 06-17-2015, 07:27 AM

77,380 posts, read 90,069,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Well, it's official.. I been keeping track in the Bunny Thread but figure I post an update here..

Do you see anything? Rabbits Nest?

How about now? Whats that fur inside there?

Here's the answer... Newborn Bunnies. Yes, I covered them back up. And Don't ever touch the nest or the babies with your hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7iSXkYebaU&feature=youtu.be
wow, what an experience. We have lots of bunnies around here this year, and we give them all names. As if the ones we see each morning are the same as the day before. Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:55 PM

So far last 6 days including today, since Sunday the 15th, I've had 6-8 hours of sunlight.

My Garden is not liking that. But it is loving the rains all the time. Just had a downpour! Over 3 inches in last 2 weeks. Another 2 coming this weekend.

I haven't watered since May. Hasn't been Hot either.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:27 AM

Update: June 21, 2015

Good news is: Haven't needed to water in 3 weeks (4.15"!).
Bad news is.. Less than 10hrs of sun in last 7 days.

Hot peppers in pots are doing great despite no heat or sun. Goes to show how important the first couple weeks after transplanting are.

2 more Pepper Photos including pretty small Purple ones:

Spoiler

Bell Peppers doing awesome

Lots of green tomatoes and blooms. Need some heat and sun to get the ripening process started. Heading into July without a ripe one is common though. We really only have 2 good full months of picking tomatoes.

Another view of the Tomatoes/

Spoiler

See the string beans growing. Very flat kind.

Mmmmmm, Fresh Cucumbers. Pretty soon enough to start Pickling in jars. Nice to step outside and pick fresh, no pesticide produce.

My Favorite thing in the yard... .. Everyday I'm throwing food scraps in there and within days its broken down. Simply amazing to see it go from a huge pile of fallen leaves 7 months ago to organic dirt.

Lots of worms in there!! Especially from all the rains. They are loving the compost pile.

Size is deceiving so see close-ups below.

Spoiler

Old 06-21-2015, 07:30 AM

205 posts, read 243,676 times
Nice! Very nice!

Old 06-21-2015, 07:34 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,453,065 times
I can smell those fresh cukes from here! YUM

Old 06-22-2015, 05:42 AM

Instead of showing the Potatoes... how about a Bunny update in my Potatoes. lol

Bunnies are getting big and look very healthy, And I have yet to see or catch the mother on my time lapse camera nursing them. She's sneaky! What the heck. I got it set to every 5 minutes and on motion detection. Does she feed them every 3 days maybe?

Old 06-22-2015, 09:57 AM

14,622 posts, read 20,443,004 times
Oh I hope nothing has happened to her ? is that possible cam ? if so they are big enough you can put them in a box and feed them like you would kittens and puppies . You can feed them the nursing liquid you would give to puppies and kittens . Just letting you know in case you need to do that .

Old 06-22-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Oh I hope nothing has happened to her ? is that possible cam ? if so they are big enough you can put them in a box and feed them like you would kittens and puppies . You can feed them the nursing liquid you would give to puppies and kittens . Just letting you know in case you need to do that .
Hmm, thanks for the suggestion.. Anything is possible with all the Hawks & Cats we have around here but I bet the mother is being sneaky. I will wait 1 more day then maybe call the animal shelter or something. Not sure I have time to care for them.

They are looking healthy and definitely getting bigger and their eyes are opening now. So I assume they are getting nutrition. I mean how long can they last without their mother after being born?

I have the camera ready to go for tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden