U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 07:09 AM

14,785 posts, read 20,904,497 times

Advertisements

Cam how are the bunnies, are they gone ? If so I hope they do well . maybe they will come back and visit their birth place LOL . I cant help it I wear my heart on my sleeve . Please let us know if you see them again .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 08:04 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,526,832 times
First time in fifteen years I have ever seen a bunny in my backyard. Also the first year I have not planted veggies. Hope they like weeds cause, man I got a ton of them this year!

Old 07-03-2015, 10:25 AM

205 posts, read 245,948 times
Our garden is in full swing now. Looks like we'll be freezing some toms today!
Attached Thumbnails
My Veggie Garden 2015 (Pics)-image.jpg  

Old 07-03-2015, 03:06 PM

75,385 posts, read 58,972,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcenter View Post
First time in fifteen years I have ever seen a bunny in my backyard. Also the first year I have not planted veggies. Hope they like weeds cause, man I got a ton of them this year!
lol. They like Clovers.. I got them all over my grass so its a big feast for them. FYI.. they didn't touch my garden except the lettuce. I blocked off the string beans at the bottom. Maybe they don't eat where they sleep..or were born. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Cam how are the bunnies, are they gone ? If so I hope they do well . maybe they will come back and visit their birth place LOL . I cant help it I wear my heart on my sleeve . Please let us know if you see them again .
Yup.. 12 days later they started roaming around and left their birth place. Little ones still stay nearby but are eating on their own. Pretty amazing to watch from nest building to new borns to them on their own within 2-3 weeks.

I'm trying to make a video of the event but time getting in the way.

here's a couple of pics.. There was just 2 in the litter. Strange. Here are the 2 siblings. I don't see them together anymore. I call 1 of them the runner since he/she is running more than the other.

Not sure which one this was but obviously on its own eating in the evening.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:15 AM

Mmmm, More today!

This one I'm leaving on the plant, let it get overgrown then change to yellow and I will save the seeds from this one. National Pickling.

Time to make the pickles

Old 07-04-2015, 11:34 AM

10,758 posts, read 10,531,702 times
YUM!

Seeing those pictures of your harvest makes me almost want to try my hand at gardening. Operative word: almost.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:01 AM

Some pics from this morning...

This is what you call Blight. Yellow leaves = too much water but spots = Blight.
4 cups of water with 1 teaspoon of Baking soda. Spray on leaves once a week. Should slow or stop the disease. Don't use chemicals unless you like eating it.

We have had limited sunny days here in CT. Rain and Clouds is not a helper of blight issues.

Funky Pepper Plant!

Good Frying Peppers

Starting to change colors. These are HOT to the tongue touch. Wow.

Nobody can tolerate these so I will probably make Salsa or something.

Cute Purple ones. Also Hot.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:28 AM

216 posts, read 631,219 times
Cam, Have experienced Japanese beetles in your garden? These insects are eating my string bean leaves like crazy. Any effective way to get rid of them?

Old 07-07-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artking09 View Post
Cam, Have experienced Japanese beetles in your garden? These insects are eating my string bean leaves like crazy. Any effective way to get rid of them?
Thanks for the reminder.. incredible turn around from last year! Last year there were hundreds and eating all my Cucumber, String Beans and Potato leaves..... this year I don't see any!

Last year all I was doing is just knocking them into a pail full of water. It's pretty easy to knock them in.

I also remember putting down GrubEx from Scotts. Not in the garden beds but on the lawns itself.

I also put my wood stove ash from the winter in the garden beds...

Hmmm, wonder if all that did the trick! It's about controlling them "before" they hatch.

Milky Spore will help too and wont harm the veggies but man it's expensive. I decided against it.

There are other natural ways to fight it if you want to try them... Even Copper Pennies?

Old 07-07-2015, 03:57 PM

205 posts, read 245,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Some pics from this morning...

This is what you call Blight. Yellow leaves = too much water but spots = Blight.
4 cups of water with 1 teaspoon of Baking soda. Spray on leaves once a week. Should slow or stop the disease. Don't use chemicals unless you like eating it.

We have had limited sunny days here in CT. Rain and Clouds is not a helper of blight issues.

Funky Pepper Plant!

Good Frying Peppers

Starting to change colors. These are HOT to the tongue touch. Wow.

Nobody can tolerate these so I will probably make Salsa or something.

Cute Purple ones. Also Hot.
Nice tip on the baking soda. I hope I remember it next year! Regardless of the blight, I'm jealous how great your peppers look. We've gotten some banana and jalapeƱo peppers, but they really aren't flowering like they should. The plants look good and I have noticed more flowers since we had a week in the 80's. I'm thinking the near 100 degree days we had earlier kinda messed things up all around my garden. All in all, we are getting plenty, so I can't really complain too much. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden