Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:28 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I was afraid you totally gave up lol. Glad to see everything is still going, may as well take advantage of the warmth.
Yup. Might as well. I only recall a few years since gardening that I went into mid-end of September with Peppers and Tomatoes. 2005 and 2010 were the others. Oh snap... Every 5 yrs?

Above normal and warming is always good for crops & farmers. But my question is.....will the figs ripen? My Favorite. They are Purple when ripe. Mmmmm! Pretty amazing comeback after the extreme and extended winter we had.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 09:14 AM

Lunch on this nice (FINALLY) Fall like day!! ... The Pepper and Pickle are from the Garden.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:34 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
wow really nice everywhere except for the cali fires . glad you enjoy the fruits of your labor .

Old 09-20-2015, 05:38 AM

Nope.... not done yet... Just one of those years! Record number of 80s this month.

September 20, 2015

Peppers, Kale, Swiss Chard, Beets, Tomatoes, Figs, still going. Usually by now we would get 40s at night and 60s for highs but not even close this year so the garden is still growing. (I can see why farmers would love a warming trend)

I did pull up most of the tomatoes but left a few to see how far it can go... Sure enough... still producing.

I sometimes envision that Pine tree with snow on it. lol

Lots of Sweet Bells

Close-up

Spoiler

White flowers new blooms and you can see the new ones forming..

Pretty colors Hot Peppers

More Hot Peppers.

2 ripe tomatoes..

There's a rare mid September site... Baby Watermelon growing. I never planted the seed but when I saw the vine growing from the ground I let it be. This was a surprise to see today.

That's some sad looking Okras. LOL. Was a bad spot for them. Don't mind the weeds. Just been too hot to tackle.

Whats up Doc

Kale/Swiss Chard

Didn't think they make it!!! My favorite!!!

Old 09-20-2015, 08:21 AM

I guess one of the many birds left you a surprise in the baby watermelon I hope it gets big for you so you can enjoy eating it and oh the figs have ripened what a great season you have had . I hope you continue to have great seasons too . Yep it is still warm here in sc too . still in the 80's and 60's at night and I m hoping it does this next year when I have my yard . wish me luck cause this woman is still not moved out of the house and it is 19 days till closing , I sure as hell hope she has not changed her mind about selling . My sister had a seller do that to her , two days before closing the lady decided she did not want to sell after all my sister sued her for the out of pocket exspense and for a rental because she had to get out of her house she had sold and she lived in a rental for 6 months before she found another house . Yep I will sue too if this woman has done that to us . Or if she is not out by closing then we are not going to close until she is out of the house . Man it is really crappy having to wait to see what someone is going to do . thanks for letting me rant . Glad you are having a very lovely season and garden and kudos to you .

Old 09-23-2015, 04:01 PM

September 23rd, 2015 Harvest.

Tomatoes, Kale, Beets, Figs, Sweet Bell Peppers, Hot Peppers. Long Season this year. Lack of 40s and record # of 80s helped especially the peppers! Don't usually get them this late and there's even new blooms happening.

Could of added a couple of carrots into this. Oh well. No matter what the weather brings I plan on ripping everything up and cleaning both beds. I'm done. I want snow now. :-)

Old 09-24-2015, 11:36 AM

cam you got the touch that is for sure . I'm so glad your garden is so good to you and that means you put in a lot of work and I know that is not easy for sure . well you keep going as long as you can and kudos and I hope next year is as good to you .

Old 10-02-2015, 06:46 AM

October 1, 2015: Still going.. One of those years. Record Warm September. Most # of 80s this year

Can't believe the figs are ripening in October. Thrilled because it didn't look like the tree was going to survive our historic winter and snowpack and there was no new growth until May.

Had enough ...I want Winter! lol

Pulled some Carrots and picked the last of the Bells. Funky Carrots. Mostly Clay soil not the best.

My neighbor got this from a friends home garden. I forget where. Never saw a squash that big!

Old 10-02-2015, 07:26 AM

wow impressive my dear hope you have just as much luck if not better next year.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:08 PM

Ok.... Last ones now. Cold day finally!

Wanna see the difference of Bell Peppers grown in pots vs grown in ground?

Incredible to see the Bell Pepper Plant grown in the pot on left. In ground middle and right.

There were more Yields from the ground ones, but the root system is much better in the pot. Then again, the in ground ones seem to have stronger main roots but not as expansive.

That is soley contributed to the crap clay soil we have vs loose potting soil which may have been more nutritious for it.

Another Look at the one from the pot

Spoiler

Ripped everything out except a couple good looking pepper plants. So all peppers and tomatoes came off the plant ripe or not.

Fig tree... how long can it go?

All empty except the Kale. Waited for this day for 4 weeks now. Cold and Windy for this time of year. Typically get this at least once before mid September.

Whatch looking at? Oh the shovel? Yeah, I'm ready! lol

My Oak tree showing a change. Mostly still green here. We are 2 weeks late. Usually see much more changed by now

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden