U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 AM

42 posts, read 56,422 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

Hope someone can shed some light on my problem. A week ago i fertilized my lawn with "vigoro weed and feed" and pest killer from home depot. Fast forward few days and I started noticing yellow spots in the front and back of the house. It's getting bigger and I have no clue what is causing this or how to stop it. I am located in south Florida.

Thank you in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 09:38 AM

25,627 posts, read 31,827,576 times
Well you used a weed killer so I suspect the weeds are dying.

Hope you watered it enough.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:55 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
32,183 posts, read 58,616,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well you used a weed killer so I suspect the weeds are dying.

Hope you watered it enough.
Yes, If you add a granular fertilizer and don't water thoroughly so that it dissolves completely, it can burn the grass. Did you use a spreader to distribute the product evenly? If there was too much in certain locations the watering may not have been enough. It's best to apply just before a period of steady rain, easy enough here where it might rain for a week or more.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:51 AM

1,778 posts, read 4,113,644 times
900r,
Don't use that on your lawn anymore.
Water the lawn every day for a couple days to wash some of that into the soil.
Just fertilize your lawn in one step.
From the pic, you don't have a half acre to do, so follow the instructions on the bag
so you don't burn it.
Or even better, use bunny feed instead, and you will be improving your soil too.
No burning, water it in good, (the bunny feed), it smells good, and the worms in your
soil will be happy.
You can apply it whenever you want, and it improves the soil, you can't beat that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or