Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 03:48 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
............. it is toxic to cats and I doubt you want to kill them. ...........
I'm not about to poison the neighbir's cats, but people who allow their cats to roam free don't care whether the cat lives or dies. I can't see any reason for me to assume any responsibility for the cat that the cat owner can't be bothered to take for himself.

People who love their cats and want to keep the cat safe keep their cat inside where it won't be poisoned by antifreeze, eaten by coyotes, chased by dogs, or hit by cars.

I've had free range cats do multi- thousands of dollars of damage to my houses and I resent cat owners who are too lazy to change a litter box, so they send their cat outside to crap on the neighbor's property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 09:12 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Do you know the owners?

Years ago, I had outdoor cats. I built them an outdoor litter box, which seemed to keep them from bothering neighbors gardens most of the time.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:51 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,479,051 times
I have a neighbor who swears by this:

https://www.predatorpeestore.com/cat-repellent.html

Old 12-25-2018, 04:27 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
mouse traps.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:20 PM

190 posts, read 129,059 times
Motion Activated - Blasts Cats, Dogs, Squirrels, Birds, Deer, Etc. Out of Your Property
www.google.com/search?q=motion+sensor+sprinkler

Old 02-01-2019, 05:51 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I have a neighbor who swears by this:

https://www.predatorpeestore.com/cat-repellent.html
I shudder to think how wolf urine is collected!

Old 02-11-2019, 06:01 PM

50 posts, read 54,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
We had a cat die of anti-freeze poisoning once...I will never understand the need to let a cat outdoors.
Both our cats are indoor, outdoor farm cats. They don't leave our 150+ acres. They keep unwanted critter away from our other animals, and gardens, and kill barn rats and house mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
People who love their cats and want to keep the cat safe keep their cat inside where it won't be poisoned by antifreeze, eaten by coyotes, chased by dogs, or hit by cars.

I've had free range cats do multi- thousands of dollars of damage to my houses and I resent cat owners who are too lazy to change a litter box, so they send their cat outside to crap on the neighbor's property.
See above.

We aren't too lazy to change litter, considering we have chickens, and cows, and get a few feeder pigs and lambs in the spring.

But our cats are like super cats, lol. Last fall we found a dead coyote pup on the back porch that they killed, and we haven't had coyote problems with the chickens since.

They don't even mess with the chickens, except to play with them, without their claws or teeth, lol.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 949 times
None of that stuff works. And the unwanted cat community won't let you do anything else to them. They hold you hostage to thier unwanted cats and force you to deal with the problems. They do not care about your property or your well being. Could you imagine if we made it law that cats must be licensed, have there vacations shots, a leash law and not allowed to roam, and a fine if they do. Would be alot less people wanting cats. We need laws.on these unwanted cats it's already out of hand but we have to start now so these horders of unwanted cats can't keep us hostage anymore

Old 07-24-2019, 08:58 AM

2,759 posts, read 2,049,703 times
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this product. It's not a spray (which will get washed away by rain) or bits of food (which rodents and squirrels will probably carry away).

It's called a Cat Scat Mat. Originally it came only in small squares but now it's also made in a roll that can be cut to size. It also prevents squirrels from digging up bulbs over the winter.

Cut it large enough and a cat won't be stepping into that area in order to poop.

In roll form:

https://www.gardeners.com/buy/scat-m...1/8592448.html

https://www.amazon.com/Gardeners-Sup.../dp/B01EVG5YE0

As individual squares (best for pegging down over individual bulbs):

CatScat - Lee Valley Tools

Old 07-24-2019, 10:30 AM

325 posts, read 207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin View Post
None of that stuff works. And the unwanted cat community won't let you do anything else to them. They hold you hostage to thier unwanted cats and force you to deal with the problems. They do not care about your property or your well being. Could you imagine if we made it law that cats must be licensed, have there vacations shots, a leash law and not allowed to roam, and a fine if they do. Would be alot less people wanting cats. We need laws.on these unwanted cats it's already out of hand but we have to start now so these horders of unwanted cats can't keep us hostage anymore

I always take our house cat out on a leash. We used to live in an area and had an HOA with a leash law for all pets. Neighbor to the side and back of us would let her multiple cats out when she thought no one was looking. They were male and would head straight to our front door area to mark it. Our front entry smelled horribly. Finally had enough one day and yelled at her from across the yard about it. Not long afterwards they put their house up for sale. Problem solved. Some people have absolutely no respect for other peoples property.

Last edited by CentralUSHomeowner; 07-24-2019 at 10:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden