U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-26-2019, 03:33 PM
 
8,397 posts, read 6,191,494 times
Reputation: 6338

Advertisements

I have to readjust my applications once I move. My lawn has greened up nicely even though the lows are in the 20's and highs in the 40s-50s. I'm going to throw some Milo down at the end of April or May so it will green up for the new owners. Once I get to my new place in August. I'm going to start with the fall application and plant some roses and flowers in fall. I've had great success throwing Milo in the planting holes in fall.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2019, 06:29 PM
 
3,634 posts, read 1,251,448 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I have to readjust my applications once I move. My lawn has greened up nicely even though the lows are in the 20's and highs in the 40s-50s. I'm going to throw some Milo down at the end of April or May so it will green up for the new owners. Once I get to my new place in August. I'm going to start with the fall application and plant some roses and flowers in fall. I've had great success throwing Milo in the planting holes in fall.
How very considerate of you to leave you new owners with a green and fertilized lawn!

Everyone should be as good as you.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2019, 05:48 PM
 
3,703 posts, read 3,218,128 times
Reputation: 1243
I am doing 4 this year.

Now, May 30, July 4th, and Sept 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Finally got some yesterday. It's still early in the season, but the pallet they got in was nearly empty. I picked up 12 bags, and there were only 2-3 left on the pallet when I got done picking.

I only need 4 bags per application. So one spring, one summer and one fall. Sometimes I do a bonus.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 AM
 
11,662 posts, read 12,719,382 times
Reputation: 16060
I just did my first application. A little early for the area, but I have some good rain in the forecast so wanted to get it down before then.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2019, 05:41 PM
 
3,703 posts, read 3,218,128 times
Reputation: 1243
Nothing wrong with that since it’s organic.

Looking to use it this year on my Perennials as well.

Hollytone and Milorganite make for a good combination to cover your acid loving shrubs, plants, and your lawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I just did my first application. A little early for the area, but I have some good rain in the forecast so wanted to get it down before then.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 07:15 AM
 
8,397 posts, read 6,191,494 times
Reputation: 6338
I'm hoping the Southeast area doesn't have the same issues with the Milo shortage that the Midwest experienced last year. I've grown accustomed to using 1 bag at a time. I'll probably need 3-4 bags every application in the new location.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 08:31 AM
 
3,634 posts, read 1,251,448 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I'm hoping the Southeast area doesn't have the same issues with the Milo shortage that the Midwest experienced last year. I've grown accustomed to using 1 bag at a time. I'll probably need 3-4 bags every application in the new location.
It seems like the big box stores are always out of it by mid summer. Either intentionally on their behalf or the material experiences shortages after the peak demand in spring.

When it available, I buy enough to last the year since it doesn’t go bad!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Denver/Boulder Zone 5b
1,371 posts, read 3,365,694 times
Reputation: 1409
Just picked up 8 bags at my local Walmart for $11/bag. Tempted to get more for mid-summer. They had an entire pallet full when I was there this morning..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2019, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Michigan
2,560 posts, read 1,873,321 times
Reputation: 6132
It's $14.98 per bag locally to me.

I went over to the dark side. I hired a lawn care company to provide fertilizer, pre-emergent, grub control, etc. $99.00 per application (1/2 acre lot, 20,000~ sq ft), 6 times total during the season.

That's cheaper than I can buy the stuff and do it all myself, so except for mowing, I'm done with doing all the rest myself.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2019, 02:42 PM
 
3,634 posts, read 1,251,448 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
Just picked up 8 bags at my local Walmart for $11/bag. Tempted to get more for mid-summer. They had an entire pallet full when I was there this morning..
Walmart definitely has it for the best price and when I see it there, I get enough for the entire year since it becomes scarce in early summer.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top