Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2019, 06:23 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,156,393 times

Advertisements

Think I need to check out Walmart this week and see if any of my local stores have it in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Walmart definitely has it for the best price and when I see it there, I get enough for the entire year since it becomes scarce in early summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 09:09 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Results of my early (for the season) fert with milorganite have paid off. Greenest lawn in the neighborhood and soonest. Already getting compliments from the neighbors and the kids and I have already been outside enjoying playing on the nice soft grass.

Another day or two and it will be time for the first cut of the season....first in the neighborhood.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:26 PM

I also did an early application of Milorganite and loving the results.

Think I was also the first in the neighborhood with the initial cut...nothing like getting everyone else revved up for the season.

Next application of Milorganite going down Memorial Day....Thrower Down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Results of my early (for the season) fert with milorganite have paid off. Greenest lawn in the neighborhood and soonest. Already getting compliments from the neighbors and the kids and I have already been outside enjoying playing on the nice soft grass.

Another day or two and it will be time for the first cut of the season....first in the neighborhood.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:43 PM

How did the first cut of the season go?

Quote:

Old 05-06-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
How did the first cut of the season go?
I've already done three cuts.

We've had so much rain lately that I had to wait a week in between my last mowing. The grass got so long I had no choice but to bag it. Usually I mulch it but it's just grown like crazy. With nowhere to dump I have a nice big stack of brown leaf bags ready for pickup with this weeks rubbish.

I really need to do more frequent cuts so I can mulch it, but it's literally rained almost every day since early April.

Getting ready for my second application of milorganite in a few weeks.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:30 PM

Nice.

Been raining a lot here so last week needed to put down my first application of fungicide.

Two more weeks then my 2nd application for the year of Milorganite goes down.

Quote:
I've already done three cuts.

We've had so much rain lately that I had to wait a week in between my last mowing. The grass got so long I had no choice but to bag it. Usually I mulch it but it's just grown like crazy. With nowhere to dump I have a nice big stack of brown leaf bags ready for pickup with this weeks rubbish.

I really need to do more frequent cuts so I can mulch it, but it's literally rained almost every day since early April.

Getting ready for my second application of milorganite in a few weeks.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:39 PM

About to apply my second round of Milorganite.

Stopped at local box stores to pick up more, and sure as hell...out of stock. Good thing I have enough for this application, but Milorganite seems to be tough to come by for some reason. This is why I start looking now. I need to get my supply for my early fall and late fall application

Old 05-27-2019, 02:38 PM

997 posts, read 849,612 times
Just put my first application of MILO on Saturday.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:29 PM

Just put down my second application for the year.

Took some time to find it at Home Depot, but they had a small pile of it in the back corner.

Third application coming up July 4th.

Quote:
About to apply my second round of Milorganite.

Stopped at local box stores to pick up more, and sure as hell...out of stock. Good thing I have enough for this application, but Milorganite seems to be tough to come by for some reason. This is why I start looking now. I need to get my supply for my early fall and late fall application

Old 06-05-2019, 09:16 AM

Once again....can't find any Milorganite.

Had enough to do my Memorial day application, but now i'm out and the stores I've been checking are also out. Been searching 3 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden