U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-22-2019, 06:23 AM
 
2,660 posts, read 2,906,236 times
Reputation: 905

Advertisements

Think I need to check out Walmart this week and see if any of my local stores have it in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Walmart definitely has it for the best price and when I see it there, I get enough for the entire year since it becomes scarce in early summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-22-2019, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
11,232 posts, read 12,161,171 times
Reputation: 15509
Results of my early (for the season) fert with milorganite have paid off. Greenest lawn in the neighborhood and soonest. Already getting compliments from the neighbors and the kids and I have already been outside enjoying playing on the nice soft grass.

Another day or two and it will be time for the first cut of the season....first in the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2019, 04:26 PM
 
2,660 posts, read 2,906,236 times
Reputation: 905
I also did an early application of Milorganite and loving the results.

Think I was also the first in the neighborhood with the initial cut...nothing like getting everyone else revved up for the season.

Next application of Milorganite going down Memorial Day....Thrower Down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Results of my early (for the season) fert with milorganite have paid off. Greenest lawn in the neighborhood and soonest. Already getting compliments from the neighbors and the kids and I have already been outside enjoying playing on the nice soft grass.

Another day or two and it will be time for the first cut of the season....first in the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2019, 04:43 PM
 
2,660 posts, read 2,906,236 times
Reputation: 905
How did the first cut of the season go?


Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Results of my early (for the season) fert with milorganite have paid off. Greenest lawn in the neighborhood and soonest. Already getting compliments from the neighbors and the kids and I have already been outside enjoying playing on the nice soft grass.

Another day or two and it will be time for the first cut of the season....first in the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2019, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
11,232 posts, read 12,161,171 times
Reputation: 15509
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
How did the first cut of the season go?
I've already done three cuts.

We've had so much rain lately that I had to wait a week in between my last mowing. The grass got so long I had no choice but to bag it. Usually I mulch it but it's just grown like crazy. With nowhere to dump I have a nice big stack of brown leaf bags ready for pickup with this weeks rubbish.

I really need to do more frequent cuts so I can mulch it, but it's literally rained almost every day since early April.


Getting ready for my second application of milorganite in a few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 12:30 PM
 
2,660 posts, read 2,906,236 times
Reputation: 905
Nice.

Been raining a lot here so last week needed to put down my first application of fungicide.

Two more weeks then my 2nd application for the year of Milorganite goes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I've already done three cuts.

We've had so much rain lately that I had to wait a week in between my last mowing. The grass got so long I had no choice but to bag it. Usually I mulch it but it's just grown like crazy. With nowhere to dump I have a nice big stack of brown leaf bags ready for pickup with this weeks rubbish.

I really need to do more frequent cuts so I can mulch it, but it's literally rained almost every day since early April.


Getting ready for my second application of milorganite in a few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2019, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
11,232 posts, read 12,161,171 times
Reputation: 15509
About to apply my second round of Milorganite.

Stopped at local box stores to pick up more, and sure as hell...out of stock. Good thing I have enough for this application, but Milorganite seems to be tough to come by for some reason. This is why I start looking now. I need to get my supply for my early fall and late fall application
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2019, 02:38 PM
 
900 posts, read 499,359 times
Reputation: 705
Just put my first application of MILO on Saturday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2019, 05:29 PM
 
2,660 posts, read 2,906,236 times
Reputation: 905
Just put down my second application for the year.

Took some time to find it at Home Depot, but they had a small pile of it in the back corner.

Third application coming up July 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
About to apply my second round of Milorganite.

Stopped at local box stores to pick up more, and sure as hell...out of stock. Good thing I have enough for this application, but Milorganite seems to be tough to come by for some reason. This is why I start looking now. I need to get my supply for my early fall and late fall application
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2019, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
11,232 posts, read 12,161,171 times
Reputation: 15509
Once again....can't find any Milorganite.

Had enough to do my Memorial day application, but now i'm out and the stores I've been checking are also out. Been searching 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top