Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 02:27 PM

7,487 posts, read 7,156,393 times

Advertisements

What is your Milorganite application schedule and at what rate do you typically apply it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Post #255.

It was Purely Organic.

Wasn't a fan.

My lawn has been consistently green and lush year after year using primarily Milorganite. I do not irrigate. Grass is only watered by the rain

https://www.city-data.com/forum/atta...s-img_4387.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 05:21 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
What is your Milorganite application schedule and at what rate do you typically apply it?
Unsure of the exact rate, but I’ve settled on using 4 bags for roughly 11-12k sf of lawn area.

I applied first week of March (first house to green up in the block,

Then mem day, 4th of July and then right around Labor Day.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:14 AM

Yesterday I went ahead and did all my perennials with Milorganite. Found like last year it's very beneficial for them as well as your lawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Unsure of the exact rate, but I’ve settled on using 4 bags for roughly 11-12k sf of lawn area.

I applied first week of March (first house to green up in the block,

Then mem day, 4th of July and then right around Labor Day.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:32 PM

1,371 posts, read 3,697,131 times
My local Walmart had TONS of Milorganite a few weeks ago, so I purchased 8 bags on a whim ($13.99). I didn't realize I still had 4 bags from last season, so I consider that a huge win for me. I put down 5 bags today (3.5 back, 1.5 front) since we're supposed to get quite a bit of moisture over the next two days. We still have a ways before we're firmly into warm weather, but wanted to get it down since I just did my first mow of the season; and I mowed low. Last season was my second season using it and it is AMAZING stuff. I have several neighbors now hooked on it, so I know I'm likely fighting them for the last bags mid-summer..

Old 04-01-2020, 07:58 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,493,841 times
I've moved away from Milorganite this year. There has been some talk about PFAS, but also it's potential overuse as a "miracle" fertilizer. While it does provide good things I've gotten into some more funky fresh stuff. After researching, watching youtubers, reading articles, forums, etc. I'm working on a program of XGN and Carbon X for fertilizer throughout the season. I've never seen such widespread positive results other than just greening of the grass.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:30 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
My application is starting to show. Lots of rain here in MA and temps starting to climb. Grass is starting to grow, and nice and green. It's definitely noticeable between my yard and my neighbors. Definitely a noticeable difference in the amount of growth as well which is easy to see after a winter's thaw.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:03 AM

Nice find!

Glad to hear your enjoying the product. Does provide for great results whether it's for your lawn, shrubs, or plants in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
My local Walmart had TONS of Milorganite a few weeks ago, so I purchased 8 bags on a whim ($13.99). I didn't realize I still had 4 bags from last season, so I consider that a huge win for me. I put down 5 bags today (3.5 back, 1.5 front) since we're supposed to get quite a bit of moisture over the next two days. We still have a ways before we're firmly into warm weather, but wanted to get it down since I just did my first mow of the season; and I mowed low. Last season was my second season using it and it is AMAZING stuff. I have several neighbors now hooked on it, so I know I'm likely fighting them for the last bags mid-summer..

Old 04-13-2020, 04:52 AM

Milorganite has provided amazing results again for me this spring. Perennials are also loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
I've moved away from Milorganite this year. There has been some talk about PFAS, but also it's potential overuse as a "miracle" fertilizer. While it does provide good things I've gotten into some more funky fresh stuff. After researching, watching youtubers, reading articles, forums, etc. I'm working on a program of XGN and Carbon X for fertilizer throughout the season. I've never seen such widespread positive results other than just greening of the grass.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZBANxkNBk

Old 04-29-2020, 06:28 PM

Picked up 4 bags of Milo today.

Going to give Purely Organic another try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden