Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 05:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Well, things are progressing but everything is at the ugly stage because the patio looks pieced together (three different slabs) since it's not tiled yet, and not cured yet, and the yard is all torn up because we had the sprinkler system worked on and sort of reconfigured.

YE GODS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 07:48 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, things are progressing but everything is at the ugly stage because the patio looks pieced together (three different slabs) since it's not tiled yet, and not cured yet, and the yard is all torn up because we had the sprinkler system worked on and sort of reconfigured.

YE GODS!
It will all be totally worth it. Hang in there!!

Old 09-04-2016, 07:33 AM

OK, the pergola is up (hot tub going inside it):
Attached Thumbnails
Patio project - pictures will be included.  Major overhaul!-pergola-3.jpg  

Old 09-05-2016, 07:13 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,483,285 times
That's going to look really nice, especially when the tile goes down and pulls everything together. I've had outdoor porcelain tile on my back patio for over 10 years. It gets baked by the sun, soaked by the rain, covered with snow, and pummeled by hail. It still looks great. I just had some installed in my garage too.

Since the tile installers are going to be there anyway, maybe you should just go ahead and have them do your garage floor too.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:06 AM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
OK, the pergola is up (hot tub going inside it):
Looking really nice, Kathryn!

Old 09-06-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
That's going to look really nice, especially when the tile goes down and pulls everything together. I've had outdoor porcelain tile on my back patio for over 10 years. It gets baked by the sun, soaked by the rain, covered with snow, and pummeled by hail. It still looks great. I just had some installed in my garage too.

Since the tile installers are going to be there anyway, maybe you should just go ahead and have them do your garage floor too.
Oh my - don't tempt us!

Now of course I feel compelled to ask my husband about it.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:46 PM

Oh my gosh, will it never end?

Electrical work and other boring things all day today - workers inside and out.

Fire pit will be built Saturday - we picked out the stone yesterday. It's beautiful!

Tile for patio won't be in for two more weeks. Sigh.

On the up side, we did buy some pretty outdoor furniture and since it's the end of the season, I think we got a good deal on it all! We didn't go crazy - we mainly want people to simply have comfortable places to sit when we gather together, as well as a place to set a drink or a plate.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:02 PM

Slowly the wheel turns...firepit being built, pergola up but waiting on outdoor curtains and hot tub (curtains ordered, hot tub in but waiting for tile to come in and be laid before installation).
Attached Thumbnails
Patio project - pictures will be included.  Major overhaul!-firepit-progress-1.jpg   Patio project - pictures will be included.  Major overhaul!-pergola-progress.jpg  

Old 09-10-2016, 02:13 PM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times
It will look amazing Kathryn

Old 09-10-2016, 02:14 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Slowly the wheel turns...firepit being built, pergola up but waiting on outdoor curtains and hot tub (curtains ordered, hot tub in but waiting for tile to come in and be laid before installation).
PROGRESS!! I can't wait to see it when it's done ... you are giving me ideas for my own backyard (although my kitchen must come first!!).

Oh, I keep forgetting to ask you ... did you give away that shed? I understand why you didn't want it but it didn't look ugly or like it was in bad shape to me. I hope someone got some use out of it (unless it was a mess on the inside, which of course we couldn't see from pictures!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden