Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 06:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
When I used to paint a room, I always put the classical music on like the Flight of the Bumble Bee, it made me paint faster!!!
LOL hopefully that's working with the music they're listening to, which unfortunately is some of the worst noise I've ever heard in my life.

Well, at least it's not the Sex Pistols.

Anyway, they got out there this morning at 7 am, so hopefully they will get the bullnosing done today and be able to grout late today or early tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 12:29 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Nope - I'm going to ask her for a small discount on something, because I was very clear about the placement of the tiles and though the last few patterned tiles look ok, this is not the placement I requested. She will "get" what I'm talking about very well, since she and I discussed the "unrandom randomness" and placement of the tiles in detail before we ordered them. There is a floor in the store I ordered them from laid out in these tiles, and she and I stood there and counted out placement and square footage and which were our favorites, etc before ordering the five boxes of medallion tiles. Those have to be ordered separately from the other tiles and cost more per box.

So in other words, it's not a big deal, but it is a small deal - hence I expect some small compensation, and I'm sure she'll be fine with it.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable, and she won't either, and that's what matters in regard to compensation. She'll appreciate that I'm not asking for her to buy two boxes of tiles and come back in two weeks to work on the patio again, and I'll get some compensation on the next project - everybody wins.

And your contractor didn't feel it was necessary to check on a part of the project that was obviously very important to you.

Fail.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:31 PM

Those some big tiles. They look great!

Old 09-27-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
To be clear:

There is no loud music in my house. There is not even really loud music anywhere - it's just that the radio they are listening to is placed right below my living room window. To be fair, I like music on when I'm working on a project so I didn't figure I'd be a butthead and make them turn it off outside while they're working. I don't think they meant for me to even be able to hear it. I can only hear it in my living room, but yeah - that's where I've been hanging out most of the time because I was trying to keep an eye on these goobers!!!!!
I noticed my post was vague. They had music playing, I just had them keep volume down.

Sorrry 'bout the run of posts. Home from minor surgey and catching up.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
And your contractor didn't feel it was necessary to check on a part of the project that was obviously very important to you.

Fail.
You need to understand that she was out here after I laid out the tiles. There was nothing that would indicate that the guys wouldn't stick to that plan - till the actual day they had laid all of them except the last four and I realized that the last four were all the same pattern. The others were already cemented in and we only had four left.

No, she wasn't here as they laid every single tile. Neither was I. I couldn't stay here for the entire painstaking process and I wouldn't expect any supervisor to either.

I'm OK with it anyway. As you may be able to tell from the photos, it's not noticeable - I seriously doubt it will ever be noticed by ANYONE but me.

I'm important but I pick my battles. This isn't a hill worth dying on. I'll get my compensation without throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Overall I am VERY pleased with their work.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I noticed my post was vague. They had music playing, I just had them keep volume down.

Sorrry 'bout the run of posts. Home from minor surgey and catching up.
LOL no problem!

Today they finished the bullnosing aorund the edge. Tomorrow morning they grout and perhaps seal by tomorrow afternoon. If not, they seal it Thursday morning. Hot tub is delivered Friday afternoon!

WOOHOOOOO!!!! I'll post pics later.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:48 PM

Good to see you're holding on to a good attitude.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Good to see you're holding on to a good attitude.
Well, believe me, if it looked bad, I wouldn't have a good attitude. But it looks fine.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:26 PM

7,097 posts, read 4,820,754 times
Quote:
LOL if by "cooperating," you mean hot and dry, yes. But a cold front will be coming in next week, bringing night time temps into the mid 60s, which just MAY be cool enough for that first dip in the hot tub.
Cold front, hahaha! I think we are in similar zones, Kathryn, and 60s, although more than welcome, does not really seem like a cold front to me! But I'm CT born and raised, so I guess everything is relative!

I love love love the way it's coming along! Going to be just beautiful!

Old 09-27-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Cold front, hahaha! I think we are in similar zones, Kathryn, and 60s, although more than welcome, does not really seem like a cold front to me! But I'm CT born and raised, so I guess everything is relative!

I love love love the way it's coming along! Going to be just beautiful!
LOL yeah I'm using that term "cold front" pretty loosely.

We're going to be in Maine next week and I'll probably be freezing to death!

Tomorrow this bidness should be just about done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden