Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:16 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlebeH View Post
It is my first time to clean up garden shed since I bought the house 3 years ago. I am trying to use some extra items and get rid of them. They are taking space.

1) Sand: What is it used for? It is from previous home owner. If I cannot find a way to use it, how to get rid of it?

2) Limestone: What is it used for? It is from previous home owner. If I cannot find a way to use it, how to get rid of it?

3) Bug B Gon: I know this item, but I don't remember if I ever bought it. It is more likely from previous home owner (which means this item is likely more than 3 years old), can it still be used? How many years can this kind of stuff last?

Thanks.

Sand: Flooding or soil amending

Limestone: Lower Ph in soil. I use it every Spring for lawn.

Big B Gon: 3 yrs should be ok to use IMO.

I called a company once for something a relative gave me while clearing out his garage. It was a 7yr old bottle of lawn bug spray. They said it's fine to use but it wont be as affective. Read label, make sure where its safe to use it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 10:42 AM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it appears that the sand is an "all-purpose" sand so can be used for pretty much anything
That has to be a CLASSIC Captain Obvious response. Thanks for the chuckle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden