U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2018, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
23,764 posts, read 25,595,523 times
Reputation: 37061

Advertisements

https://www.manta.com/c/mm0tkhc/bong...-800-hydroseed
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2018, 01:23 PM
 
Location: NJ
31,776 posts, read 36,128,454 times
Reputation: 24481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
haha, ive seen that. they seem to show up in listings as a nursery or sod farm or something. no online presence or reviews. unless im recommended by someone who has used them; i at least need to see a web site and some reviews.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
23,764 posts, read 25,595,523 times
Reputation: 37061
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
haha, ive seen that. they seem to show up in listings as a nursery or sod farm or something. no online presence or reviews. unless im recommended by someone who has used them; i at least need to see a web site and some reviews.
it's good to be skeptical, and that's not my neck of the woods
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2018, 09:26 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
23,767 posts, read 30,764,261 times
Reputation: 10146
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
so my lawn is utterly wrecked and we are basically starting from scratch. the property is 1 acre. i have a proposal for sod $17,900 vs seeding at $8500. so there is a pretty big premium for sod. i dont mind waiting for it to grow, its failure and follow up work that i am more concerned about. i have done some online research and it seems like the fall is the best time for this but i wasnt able to do it last fall.

so am i going to end up unhappy if i seed?
Deal with it this summer. Seed it in the fall.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2018, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
30,116 posts, read 29,789,803 times
Reputation: 38083
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
so my lawn is utterly wrecked and we are basically starting from scratch. the property is 1 acre. i have a proposal for sod $17,900 vs seeding at $8500. so there is a pretty big premium for sod. i dont mind waiting for it to grow, its failure and follow up work that i am more concerned about. i have done some online research and it seems like the fall is the best time for this but i wasnt able to do it last fall.

so am i going to end up unhappy if i seed?
All of it is wrecked? I thought it was just the area where the the trees and scrub were removed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2018, 10:46 AM
 
Location: NJ
31,776 posts, read 36,128,454 times
Reputation: 24481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
All of it is wrecked? I thought it was just the area where the the trees and scrub were removed.
the tree job destroyed the entire back yard and one side. i just had an existing patio demolished and replaced with a new patio, that made a nice path of mud through my front yard. there are no good areas really.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 08:17 AM
 
Location: NJ
31,776 posts, read 36,128,454 times
Reputation: 24481
went with seed, seed was put down last saturday (6/2/18) here is the current status, looking forward to seeing some green.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Michigan
2,634 posts, read 2,183,507 times
Reputation: 6271
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
went with seed, seed was put down last saturday (6/2/18) here is the current status, looking forward to seeing some green.



Unless you are getting rain, you best water that at least a minimum of twice a day, for 10 minutes each time. You need to keep the top seed bed wet, but not soaked. Especially if you are having hot temps.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 02:17 PM
 
Location: NJ
31,776 posts, read 36,128,454 times
Reputation: 24481
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Unless you are getting rain, you best water that at least a minimum of twice a day, for 10 minutes each time. You need to keep the top seed bed wet, but not soaked. Especially if you are having hot temps.
i had sprinklers installed as part of this job. they are actually on in the picture, the front row is going.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2018, 01:17 AM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
30,116 posts, read 29,789,803 times
Reputation: 38083
What kind of shrubs?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top