Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 12:50 PM

4,939 posts, read 3,314,385 times

Advertisements

Plum tree grown some years ago from a stone/pit/seed still has some blossom in it, a lot was blown out due to heavy winds. Grape hyacinths from previous Easter houseplants-basket are in bloom re-planted in two pots in the patio of my garden.
Vinca minor that creeps along a brick wall has many blue flowers. Some yellow dandelions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 11:44 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Dogwoods finally showing the beautiful white flowers...

Lily of the Valley getting ready to open. Grape hyacinths now on the wane.

Hardy ferns starting to unfold...oh, they don't bloom....

Old 04-21-2018, 12:14 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
Yep, dogwoods. Also, indian hawthorn, phlox, rhododendron. azaleas, chives, and iris. Plus, some weeds like oxalis and wild violet.

Soon I'll have crape myrtle, day lilies, hydrangeas, and fringe tree in bloom.

If I get enough other stuff done today, I plan to get some flowers for a pot. I like to make a 'red' pot with geraniums and pentas, and something else red TBD (as a spiller). My late grandmother liked red geraniums (not originally my favorite but they've grown on me (or groan)).

Old 04-21-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Yep, dogwoods. Also, indian hawthorn, phlox, rhododendron. azaleas, chives, and iris. Plus, some weeds like oxalis and wild violet.

Soon I'll have crape myrtle, day lilies, hydrangeas, and fringe tree in bloom.

If I get enough other stuff done today, I plan to get some flowers for a pot. I like to make a 'red' pot with geraniums and pentas, and something else red TBD (as a spiller). My late grandmother liked red geraniums (not originally my favorite but they've grown on me (or groan)).

Hee hee....my grandmother liked the same red geraniums. I like them now too.

Fringe tree! Haven't seen one in ages...

Old 04-21-2018, 05:33 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Today, the newly planted snowball viburnum has one blossom. The new rhododendron is half way in bloom. The shrub rose is out, and the other roses have buds. The Stella d’oro dayliliies are starting to bloom and so are some perennials. The buddlea are in bloom.
Some iris are in bloom and more to come.
The patio tomatoes are lush and healthy, with some tomatoes. I know that as soon as the heat comes, they will hit the crapper, but the cold spring has been good for them, so far.

The front planters have pink geraniums. I love geraniums....especially the bitter smell of the foliage. They will struggle here, like the tomatoes, when it gets really hot.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:09 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Yesterday, we had near record setting rain. Today the yard is lush and green. I just picked some peonies and some coreopsis and dayllies. The first vase of posies of the season.

And after all the rain, it looks like the lilac that I gave up for dead might be rallying.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:30 PM

[quote=gentlearts;51704044]Yesterday, we had near record setting rain. Today the yard is lush and green. I just picked some peonies and some coreopsis and dayllies. The first vase of posies of the season.

And after all the rain, it looks like the lilac that I gave up for dead might be rallying.[/QUOT

Envious of your peonies....grew them for yrs., but none at this location. Yet.

We are having lots of rain too. Grass grew much greener over night.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:32 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Dutch Master Daffodils and Darwin Tulips are starting to come up. I put my potted Meidland roses and Hydrangeas out 2 days ago. I see the red leaves coming out which is good. My roses in the ground had many black stems from winter damage so I pruned them down so hopefully they will be back in 6-8 weeks. Spring running late here in Michigan.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:48 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
What's blooming here April 24-25, 2018?

Mostly the non native trees. The native trees only started budding now.

Lets take a look...

Black Cherry trees. I added a closeup of the blooms

Of course the Daffodils

These blue things I keep forgetting what they are. They pop up in lawns too.

Willows are blooming and Magnolia to the right.

Close up of the Willow blooms. Looks like Caterpillars.

Close up of the Magnolia blooms

Not sure about these. Some kind of Cherry. See close up below.
Note the Forsythias too in the back.

Pretty bell like flowers.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:48 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,361,554 times
Japanese cherry is the name of the tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden