U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 07:32 AM

1,278 posts, read 3,947,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have heard that it's bad to feed distressed rosebushes..it's kind of like when you are sick you don't feel like eating. So I'd just suggest that less is more right now. Don't kill it with kindness.

This is not exactly true. You can feed distressed roses, but with something very gentle and organic. Think of it this way, when your sick you don't feel like eating but you should eat, just only certain foods.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 12:27 PM

8,062 posts, read 17,328,854 times
Thanks, all! Yeah, I'm trying to strike a balance between overdoing and not doing enough. About a month ago, I used the Bayer 3-in-1 product on all of my roses and less than a week ago I put one of those Jobe's slow-release rose food stakes next to each plant.

She's not giving up -- there's a new stem and leaves growing from the wood. I'm hopeful!

Old 04-08-2008, 05:35 PM

Smile Gotta be patient!

Well, Princess Di is hanging in there! Today, I noticed that two more stems are starting to grow from the wood! I think those Jobe plant food stakes are helping all of my rose bushes as the others are budding beautifully, as well, since I put them in!

I think patience more than anything is going to be required for Princess Di. It's a really positive sign that she's growing, albeit slowly.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:13 AM

Smile Update!

Princess Di is doing GREAT!!!!! She's growing like crazy now! I think the Jobe rose stakes helped (the other roses are growing and budding like mad, too!) and we've gotten just the right amount of rain.

It's looking good for her!!! Thanks, everyone!!!

Here's a pic of the very first bloom Princess Di produced last year. It's why I SO want her to thrive!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:29 AM

21,956 posts, read 23,170,188 times
Go buy some Vit. B1. It's cost very little and goes a long way. They use it for transplant shock but works very well for any kind of stressed plants. I always have used this when any of my plants get stressed and it works well. If you can't find the B1 get any kind of transplant solutions they have and it will probably contain vit. B1. I use to work professionally with plants in office buildings and airports--we use it often with good results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden