U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 10:19 AM

72,198 posts, read 55,211,335 times

Advertisements

Where did time go? Almost end of mowing season now..

September 24, 2019.

We're having a Dry period (less than 1.5" rain) past 4 weeks but the damage has been done past 2 yrs!

Moss is growing on the soil.

See it? Can't really with this pic

There's clumps of it but there's also just thinly spread out here and there.

And just all over soil. Grass cannot grow with or through it!

This Moss Out stuff is awesome! I used a 2 Gallon Sprayer with it. Doesn't hurt the grass

Taken 30 minutes later (with my cell phone)
Turns it black within minutes then dies off within days. You can rake it up or just leave it.

It's all over my roof in the shady area.

Spoiler

So 2 weeks ago I decided to renovate this little area.. I used Pennington Sun Shade mix which has mostly Fescue in it.

Sept 8th

Sept 21st. 13 days later

Lastly........... I did my 23rd mow today. I'm thinking I have about 3 more to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 07:39 PM

891 posts, read 373,388 times
I aerated and seeded three weeks ago and the grass has come up. Looks about as good as it gets, right now. Just in time for the leaves to drop and cover it all up, lol. Have to take some pics, yet. As a gardening side note, I’ve harvested my last tomatoes and peppers and have planted lettuce for a fall crop.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:49 AM

72,198 posts, read 55,211,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
I aerated and seeded three weeks ago and the grass has come up. Looks about as good as it gets, right now. Just in time for the leaves to drop and cover it all up, lol. Have to take some pics, yet. As a gardening side note, I’ve harvested my last tomatoes and peppers and have planted lettuce for a fall crop.
How did the overseeding go? Did they germinate?

We had frost here yesterday but not widespread. Only a few patchy areas had it. Low of 36°. I did mow and it was the coldest mow of the year in the 40s. lol.

4.44" of rain this month so its been awesome. No big heat, no freezes.

Update on that renovation project area...

Yesterday

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden