U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-15-2019, 03:28 AM
 
8,325 posts, read 4,509,275 times
Reputation: 17915

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
If you came at me with that behavior you’d be receiving a 30 day eviction notice. I don’t put up with tenants telling me how to maintain my property.
Do laws about proper maintenance with regard to environmental chemical agents influence how you maintain your property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-15-2019, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Floribama
15,897 posts, read 33,029,519 times
Reputation: 15200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Do laws about proper maintenance with regard to environmental chemical agents influence how you maintain your property?
Sure they do, but we don’t even know what “chemical agent” is being discussed here. Some people overreact to anything they see coming out of a sprayer, even if they have no idea what it is.

If a tenant wants to know what I’m spraying, I will tell them, but they are not going to tell me that I can’t spray it just because some lawyer on a TV commercial tells them it’s bad. Many renters don’t know squat about property maintenance, some don’t even know how to operate a lawnmower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2019, 10:26 PM
 
8,325 posts, read 4,509,275 times
Reputation: 17915
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Sure they do, but we don’t even know what “chemical agent” is being discussed here. Some people overreact to anything they see coming out of a sprayer, even if they have no idea what it is.

If a tenant wants to know what I’m spraying, I will tell them, but they are not going to tell me that I can’t spray it just because some lawyer on a TV commercial tells them it’s bad. Many renters don’t know squat about property maintenance, some don’t even know how to operate a lawnmower.
You seem to have a lot of disdain for your customers; probably not a sustainable business philosophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2019, 08:36 AM
 
Location: NJ
25,713 posts, read 31,778,103 times
Reputation: 17792
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
You seem to have a lot of disdain for your customers; probably not a sustainable business philosophy.
i wouldnt say his last post indicates that. he is right. everyone has an opinion these days on anything that is deemed an evil chemical. they tend to have very little knowledge besides some negative opinions because they heard it was bad for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2019, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Floribama
15,897 posts, read 33,029,519 times
Reputation: 15200
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i wouldnt say his last post indicates that. he is right. everyone has an opinion these days on anything that is deemed an evil chemical. they tend to have very little knowledge besides some negative opinions because they heard it was bad for you.
Exactly. I’ve spent countless hours over the years researching different herbicides, and I always use the one I feel is the safest for the particular job. Some jobs require stronger herbicides than others. I always follow the mixing instructions on the label carefully. I’m the one out there spraying it and being most exposed to it, so why would I use chemicals that are dangerous to my own health?

I love nature and wildlife, as my s/n suggests, but in my area we also have a lot of exotic invasive plants like kudzu and Chinese privet that will completely take over natural areas. When these non-native plants take over, native wildlife is negatively affected. These plants will also clog drainage ditches, leading to possible flooding concerns and increased mosquitoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 01:08 AM
 
8,325 posts, read 4,509,275 times
Reputation: 17915
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i wouldnt say his last post indicates that. he is right. everyone has an opinion these days on anything that is deemed an evil chemical. they tend to have very little knowledge besides some negative opinions because they heard it was bad for you.
I was referring to his last sentence: "Many renters don’t know squat about property maintenance, some don’t even know how to operate a lawnmower."

In most cases these are things the tenant pays for in his rent. A landlord should not expect the tenant to be concerned with the landlord's obligations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Floribama
15,897 posts, read 33,029,519 times
Reputation: 15200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
I was referring to his last sentence: "Many renters don’t know squat about property maintenance, some don’t even know how to operate a lawnmower."

In most cases these are things the tenant pays for in his rent. A landlord should not expect the tenant to be concerned with the landlord's obligations.
I own SFHs, not apartments. Some I provide lawn care, and others I don’t. Most landlords do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 07:52 PM
 
Location: NJ
25,713 posts, read 31,778,103 times
Reputation: 17792
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
I was referring to his last sentence: "Many renters don’t know squat about property maintenance, some don’t even know how to operate a lawnmower."

In most cases these are things the tenant pays for in his rent. A landlord should not expect the tenant to be concerned with the landlord's obligations.
it seems like a true statement to me.

i think he was a bit aggressive when he said that someone would get a 30 day notice of eviction for videotaping him and sending it to a regulatory body but the other stuff was fine. even that, its understandable to want to evict someone for that but im pretty sure its not generally legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
27,453 posts, read 26,032,256 times
Reputation: 34421
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I own SFHs, not apartments. Some I provide lawn care, and others I don’t. Most landlords do not.
My son is taking care of the lawn at his little, old house rental. In a few years, that place will have some decent grass because I'm telling him what to do.

He just bought a new blade for his grandfather's Toro mulching mower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2019, 09:43 AM
 
Location: North Idaho
24,333 posts, read 31,442,601 times
Reputation: 48909
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
You seem to have a lot of disdain for your customers; probably not a sustainable business philosophy.

There are a pretty hefty number of tenants who work very hard to earn disdain.


Interfering with the maintenance of a property and threatening repairmen is rarely going to be well received and honored with great gratitude.


It's generally not a good idea to try to enforce your control issues on your landlord. (or your boss at work, and probably not on the local police)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top