Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 05:50 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
KA, just post the pics of you guys in the pool tossing a beach ball around and I will share in your happiness from afar.
Haha! (Looking for a photo from the 1950s of a pool party)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 06:43 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
That is too funny. I am sure it will be spectacular once finished.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
That is too funny. I am sure it will be spectacular once finished.
If the weather cooperates that will be next week! Big "if" on that weather part though.

Of course, then we have to tear up the whole yard again for the sprinkler and the septic system stuff. And then the yard will look like hell. Oh well.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:07 AM

Well, after two days of rain, it looks like the rain will be clearing out for the whole next week. Just spoke with our pool contractor and he told me that while their company has made accommodations for the coronavirus, they are still working. One of the pools they are doing is actually for one of our state representatives and he told the pool company that even if we go to full lockdown, this will not generally impact the construction business for various reasons. In their case, it's because they are working outside, and also it's a health hazard to leave most construction projects unfinished. In our case, our pool shell has got really grody water with a layer of pollen on top of it, in the bottom! Not to mention the complete mess of the back yard.

Think about people who are building houses! There are two in our neighborhood which are almost done. I bet they are freaking out about now!

Old 03-22-2020, 08:16 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
the excavator guy showed up yesterday to backfill. he mentioned that construction is essential so he figures he can still work. so now im backfilled. just need mason to do the coping & deck, grass/landcaping and fence and we can swim.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the excavator guy showed up yesterday to backfill. he mentioned that construction is essential so he figures he can still work. so now im backfilled. just need mason to do the coping & deck, grass/landcaping and fence and we can swim.
Very nice!

Get this - our coping was done last week. BUT the guys didn't cut the stone to account for the overhang (it's actually a bench) around the outside of the pool. So they have to do that over. Should happen tomorrow.

The hot tub should be delivered this week. The pergola should be completed in the next day or two. They came out Friday, in the rain, and installed most of the pool system equipment. The decking is all done and dry and looks great. So we're waiting on plaster and some electrical work and they are telling us it could be done by the end of this coming week!

We went ahead and went with the heater so we may be breaking this in shortly. Oh and our chaise lounges for the tanning shelf came in but I have to wait to get a truck to go pick those up.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:29 AM

Ok so yesterday they finished the rock overhang - I love it! The chaise lounges were delivered. It rained till yesterday so they still have to finish some electrical work and run the gas line for the pool heater - that should be done today or tomorrow. No date for the plaster yet unfortunately but probably within the week. Hot tub will be delivered Friday or Monday. Pergola is nearly done, just waiting for some trim work and some rods to hang the outdoor curtains from. I'm waiting till all the muddy work is done before I put out the new outdoor rug and cushions. Things are looking much better! May post pictures later!

Old 03-25-2020, 08:04 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ok so yesterday they finished the rock overhang - I love it! The chaise lounges were delivered. It rained till yesterday so they still have to finish some electrical work and run the gas line for the pool heater - that should be done today or tomorrow. No date for the plaster yet unfortunately but probably within the week. Hot tub will be delivered Friday or Monday. Pergola is nearly done, just waiting for some trim work and some rods to hang the outdoor curtains from. I'm waiting till all the muddy work is done before I put out the new outdoor rug and cushions. Things are looking much better! May post pictures later!
Sounds crazy, but this is a little bit of good news to watch your journey amid this necessary shelter in place.
Can't wait for the pics.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Sounds crazy, but this is a little bit of good news to watch your journey amid this necessary shelter in place.
Can't wait for the pics.
Oh I am very glad for the distraction too! Believe me. We don't have a formal "shelter in place" order but it's a strong suggestion and most people I know are abiding by it. Thankfully the construction industry is pretty much considered "essential." It makes sense when you think about it.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that this money is already spent. Glad I didn't know what was coming when we signed that contract and started paying them! By the time this was considered a pandemic we'd already paid for most of the pool.

Also, my husband's work is cut down but not eliminated so that's good too.

Old 03-25-2020, 12:59 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
too bad its raining this weekend otherwise i may have to jump in

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden