Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 09:21 AM

4,536 posts, read 3,751,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
do the polywood have screws or something that can rust? i dont see pictures of the chairs in the water on their web site. my wife wants something with a more modern look than what we have seen on their website though.

i have that semi-circle "conversation cove" in the deep end. my wife ordered a small table and umbrella for that. so i think that is the place to sit.

This from Polywood’s Q&A on their website:

Can I use POLYWOOD furniture on the shallow ledge of my pool?
You can use our furniture on the tanning ledge of your pool, but we suggest taking it out of the chemically-treated water when finished and rinsing the furniture with fresh water.

We have Polywood furniture and while the stainless steel screws and HDPE hold up well in a harsh environment, I would not expect stainless or plastic to hold up being in chlorinated water for the
season.

Last edited by jean_ji; 06-04-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 09:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
its my understanding that if the water is too deep for the chairs they will float away

Old 06-04-2020, 10:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
do the polywood have screws or something that can rust? i dont see pictures of the chairs in the water on their web site. my wife wants something with a more modern look than what we have seen on their website though.

i have that semi-circle "conversation cove" in the deep end. my wife ordered a small table and umbrella for that. so i think that is the place to sit.
The screws are stainless steel. There are many variations of the chairs, some more contemporary than others. Google "chairs made from recycled plastic."

I like your little seating area in the pool by the way.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
This from Polywood’s Q&A on their website:

Can I use POLYWOOD furniture on the shallow ledge of my pool?
You can use our furniture on the tanning ledge of your pool, but we suggest taking it out of the chemically-treated water when finished and rinsing the furniture with fresh water.

We have Polywood furniture and while the stainless steel screws and HDPE hold up well in a harsh environment, I would not expect stainless or plastic to hold up being in chlorinated water for the
season.
Just for some personal experience:

I don't know about the Polywood brand specifically - I think ours is some other brand but they are loungers made from recycled plastic - there are many different brands.

The stainless screws are not down in the water on our chairs, so that's helpful.

Ours have been in chlorinated water for two months now with zero sign of any issues. I look at them closely every day. If I see any sign of degradation or whatever I will update the thread with this info for sure.

The first photo in my search was this one:
https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/...?piid=34638909

With this comment:
Quote:
Q:"Can these lounges be used in the pool?" asked by Ken
A:"Yes, it can be used in the pool."Adrian from Wayfair on Jun 19, 2019
No mention of having to take them out and rinse them after every use though of course I will be doing that periodically.

There are also these:
https://www.doheny.com/sr-smith-dest...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
https://shopbotanik.com/tanning-ledg...hoCUPgQAvD_BwE
https://shopbotanik.com/ledge-lounge...hoCfa0QAvD_BwE

Old 06-05-2020, 04:08 AM

4,536 posts, read 3,751,833 times
We use a set of $20 Lowe’s chairs instead of our Polywood to be on the safe side.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
We use a set of $20 Lowe’s chairs instead of our Polywood to be on the safe side.
Very nice!

Old 06-05-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
thats what id probably do if my wife was on board. for the money you could replace 10 of them before equaling the cost of a polywood chair. i got some at lidl for $12 a piece.

maybe ill drop one on the sun deck tonight to see how it feels.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:15 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,092,947 times
FWIW. The plywood chairs are very heavy. I have several pieces and while I love the quality, I am finding them to be a pain to move. I might opt for a lighter brand unless the plan is to leave them sit in the pool for the season.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:01 AM

my wife ordered a couple of these:

https://shopbotanik.com/costarondack-chair/

seems like a lot of money for a little chair but hey its just my blood, sweat and tears.

Old 06-06-2020, 07:35 AM

I'm having a little pool party today and then another one later this week! Very excited!

I went swimming (by myself - not nearly as exciting as with others) for the first time at night last night. I mainly did it to get my water aerobics in. The water felt great and the lights were beautiful, but I didn't like the June bugs - LOL!

Did I mention that we got our gas bill after using the gas pool heater in May? It was only increased about $30. I can deal with that.

Took pool water in the day before yesterday like I do every week and the water was in great shape. Best report so far. I mean, it takes a few weeks for a new pool to "cure" and for the water to stabilize but apparently it's now done so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden