Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2020, 02:31 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times

Advertisements

Yikes,!,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 03:14 PM

295 posts, read 143,521 times
congrats on the new pools - we have had pools for years here are some secrets you should look at
1 tired of brushing - use NOMOR Problems cleaner - takes a few weeks to get it right then bang no more brushing
2 in the spring when the rain turns your pool into the brownish /greenishcolor - Leslies clear all half a jug and in tow days pool is crystal clear
3 pump hope you have variable speed- summer 12 hrs at 2900 rpm saves us
4. filter we had DE and sand - lover the sand only had to change it once i 5 years and backlash every month
5 expect bugs, snakes, frogs, you name it -
6 chorine we use 2 rubber ducks filled with 3 inch combo/clear type
7 get the good acid from the pool vendor not home depot - you will use alot less with nomor problems too

we have three labs that swim all day we normally swim two - 3 times a day - our pool is surrounded by 30 foot trees so after 2 the pool is in shade but we have to deal with the leaves and sticks sir just leave a shop vac out in the spring and fall to pick up the mess

Old 08-03-2020, 07:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Well, the water felt so good yesterday that I got a bit burned. Need to lather up with the waterproof sunscreen next time.

Grilling last night was fantastic!

Today will be more boring. My husband said it's our "waiting day." First we wait for two toilets to be delivered and then we wait for the plumber to come install them. Probably won't get in the pool till much later. Oh well!

Old 08-03-2020, 07:46 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, our bait has been stolen - without tripping the trap - for the past two nights!
looks like he got the bait last night and didnt trip the trap. im not sure how he was able to do it. maybe ill try to slather some peanut butter around so he has to move his body around in different ways and hopefully one way will set off the trap.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:10 AM

my mom and her boyfriend came over yesterday and i also had my younger brother's family over. my mom has lost her sanity over coronavirus and has been on lockdown and having bad anxiety. we would normally have some other people over also but we kept it small for her. she actually let my 6 year old hug her (she asked if she could first). she said that she felt almost normal for a little while. so hopefully it was good for her mental health.

we would have hung out with our neighbors friday night but his mother saw pics on facebook of my wife hanging out with people thursday night and she was pushing hard for them not to see us since they were going to her the next day. our kids kind of beg to see each other every day so im sure they werent happy about it.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Oh lordy, I will be so glad for all this brouhaha to wind down.

Meanwhile, the pool water temps right now are in the mid 80s and I'm feeling the pull of the pool! So glad we've had it here during our enforced staycation.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:25 AM

Hi Mr raccoon

Old 08-04-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
Hi Mr raccoon
Stew?

Old 08-04-2020, 07:32 AM

unfortunately, i didnt anticipate that he would crap all over the place. so i decided to just leave him there for now and ill get a tarp or something to protect my car then drive him to a distant land for a release. from videos, it seems the expectation is that he will just run for his life once the door is open, hopefully he doesnt turn on me. just in case he does, ill make sure that my car dash cam is positioned to see the release so at least if i get attacked by a raccoon i get it on video.

Old 08-04-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
unfortunately, i didnt anticipate that he would crap all over the place. so i decided to just leave him there for now and ill get a tarp or something to protect my car then drive him to a distant land for a release. from videos, it seems the expectation is that he will just run for his life once the door is open, hopefully he doesnt turn on me. just in case he does, ill make sure that my car dash cam is positioned to see the release so at least if i get attacked by a raccoon i get it on video.
Safe yourself the trouble. Call animal control and see if they have someone who will release it for you. They are experienced. OR call a pest control tell them you did the hard part and want to know how much to release. Saves you trouble and potential rabies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden